We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambridge Beaches, Attire

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Cambridge Beaches, Attire

Staying at Cambridge Beaches next month. Wondering about attire around the resort. What do people wear at breakfast, dinner, tea, bar etc.

5 replies to this topic
USA
Level Contributor
28,517 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambridge Beaches, Attire

The days of de rigeur jackets and ties at dinner for gentlemen in Bermuda are long gone (more's the pity) but even with more relaxed 'dress codes', Bermuda still tends to be a bit more '..formal..' than '..Hey, mon...don't worry...be happy..' island/beach vacation destinations.

Attire at breakfasts, luncheon and afternoon tea service at SHUTTERS or BREEZES at Cambridge Beaches will be '..casual..'...shorts, tops, beach cover-ups, flip-flops, etc will be just fine. Attire at dinner will be '..Smart Casual..' at BREEZES and '..Elegant Casual..' at the TAMARISK ROOM, which usually translates to little more than long pants, collared shirts and shoes for gentlemen....though no gentleman will feel over-dressed or out of place wearing a sports coat or blazer at dinner. It's also worth noting that at outdoor dining venues, there may be sea breezes and cooler evening temps. Men's jackets serve the dual purpose of providing pockets to carry some of her 'stuff' (for a change) and to drape over chilled bare shoulders of dinner companions wearing 'killer' summer dresses.

CAMBRIDGE BEACHES DINING INFO--

cambridgebeaches.com/restaurants-in-bermuda/

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambridge Beaches, Attire

Hello Melia,

Good to ser you are doing your home work. From my conversation with the locals and personal experience at Cambridge it comes down to - how do you want to be treated? - my husband and I were in April and from the moment you take the plane to Bermuda just be ready to look your sharpest because the locals say and I quote - the tourists are the poor people - and quite frankly you are treated with respect when you look respectful. We dressed up for breakfast and dinner because we were at the beach from 9:40 to 4 pm since people tend to leave the beach around 4:30. Keep to yourself, no littering at the beach if you smoke and dress up and you'll feel just like at home.

I don't recommend flip flops at Hamilton or Freeport, people will look at you. But in Cambridge make sure you have a pretty dress that justifies those flip flops otherwise don't go there.

My hubby would wear his linen pants and I would wear cotton dresses and a beautiful coral dress and my Jimmy Choos but if your spouse wants to wear the local attire which is the pastel color Bermuda shorts, long dark socks, black or blue jacket and dark shoes go to the English Sport Shop at Hamilton. Just be aware that shops close exactly at 5 pm.

Get your Gosling Rum - 141 proof - and wine when you first enter Bermuda. Don't buy it in the city as it is 10 dlls more.

And don't leave without trying the Wahoo fish and the dark and stormy drink!!!

Have fun and say HELLO to Luke on behalf of The Corona's - he manages the beach and gives you your towels - please!!!

Hope it helps.

The Coronas

new orleans
Level Contributor
108 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambridge Beaches, Attire

Your comment about purchasing rum and wine "when you first enter Bermuda" has certainly piqued my interest. Are you referring to a duty-free shop at the airport?

USA
Level Contributor
28,517 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambridge Beaches, Attire

There is now a Duty Free shop within the ARRIVALS area of Bermuda's airport for inbound passengers. The Duty Free shop is located after the HM Immigration checkpoint and before you get to the Luggage Collection area and HM Customs checkpoint. As you might expect, prices at this Duty Free shop will be significantly lower than at retail liquor stores. All arriving passengers (regardless of age) are allowed one(1) litre of spirits and one(1) litre of wine '..duty free..' by HM Customs.

Somerset Village...
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambridge Beaches, Attire

They might appreciate a jacket at dinner for men but I doubt it these days.

Reply to: Cambridge Beaches, Attire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sandys Parish