We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandwiches to go...

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
352 reviews
Save Topic
sandwiches to go...

We are renting boats for our large group at Somerset Bridge Watersports. We need to depart the Navy Yard by 9:00 am. Is there any place to get sandwiches to go for our trip? I saw somewhere that the pastry shop opens at 9:00 a.m. which seems kind of late for a coffee place. Any suggestions? Thank you.

7 replies to this topic
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: sandwiches to go...

Amici's serves breakfast. Not sure what time they open or whether they will make sandwiches.

Café du Quai on the ferry dock at Watford Bridge will make you sandwiches. You can phone ahead and put in your order. You pass there on your way to Somerset Bridge. It's a tiny place and they get busy so give yourself a lot of time if you use them. They open about 7.00 a.m. I believe.

You could check with the ship and see whether they will make up lunches.

USA
Level Contributor
28,005 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sandwiches to go...

There's the PIER 41 convenience store/mini-mart along the waterfront, as you head out of the Dockyard complex (across from Freeport Seafood Restaurant)where you should be able to purchase sandwiches, snacks, beer, soft drinks, etc..

In addition to this there's a MARKETPLACE-Somerset supermarket-- www.marketplace.bm/marketplace/locations.jsp -- and ARNOLD'S supermarket along the main Somerset Road, route (about half-way between Dockyard and Somerset Bridge) where you can purchase sandwiches, snacks, beer, wine, soft drinks.

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sandwiches to go...

Thanks for your excellent suggestions. I will look into those options. Of them all, which would you say would be least disruptive to our trip.? Since we are taking a public transportation, it seems that some of the places you are suggesting would require us to get off and then wait for another bus to continue our journey. (which would make us late for our orientation by the look at the bus schedules). I guess some of us could take a taxi, so we could make a stop like that.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sandwiches to go...

Apparently there are now strict rules about taking food off the ship so probably no chance of a boxed lunch.

I wouldn't rely on the Pier 41 shop for sandwiches. O.K. for drinks, candy, chips etc. The other places that we've mentioned are all on the bus route a few minutes apart so take your pick about where you get off and on the bus.

Robinson's Marina where you are going for the boats has a small convenience store. Don't know about sandwiches but you can get snacks and drinks. Why not ask the boat people for advice.

You could also get sandwiches made up the night before if you are in Bermuda then.

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sandwiches to go...

Yes. I've been to somerset boating a couple years back so familiar a bit about what's around there. Most everyone would be able to survive without a lunch and just make do with snacks, but we do have some folks with health issues that would require them to eat something more substantial. Thanks for your help.

USA
Level Contributor
28,005 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sandwiches to go...

One or two from your group could stop at one of the supermarkets and shop while the others head onward to Somerset Bridge...to register and check out the boats. The combined frequency of both the #7 & #8 bus routes between Dockyard and Somerset Bridge should bee approx. 1-every-15 mins.

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sandwiches to go...

Yes ok thanks. That was our plan.

Reply to: sandwiches to go...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sandys Parish