We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Coco Airport

Musquodoboit...
Level Contributor
251 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Cayo Coco Airport

HI,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info on what the airport in Cayo Coco is like??

Thanks....

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayo Coco Airport

It opened in the fall of 2004, so its nice and new!!!

It has a few small different stores, some food and "I think" its cheaper to buy your alcohol at the airport instead of the resorts.

All and all its a nice airport, I have been there twice

are you looking for specific info?

Musquodoboit...
Level Contributor
251 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayo Coco Airport

I thought about buying by booze at the airport, but I was just wondering if you can still take it on the plane because of those new laws that only let you take 1000mls of liquid, etc.....or is the liquor exempt because you bought it after the security check point??

toronto
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayo Coco Airport

Yes you can, I had my in my hand luggage from the hotel.

Ont
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayo Coco Airport

It is a nice aiport and actually has a few kinds of booze besides rum to buy at the airport. Lots of room to sit and a couple of snack bars and places to buy drinks. there are about 3 duty free shops.

canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayo Coco Airport

I really liked it. I found the staff very professional as well.

There was also a smoking area which we enjoyed while having some beers (very affordable), waiting for our flight to leave.

Montreal
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayo Coco Airport

The airport at Cayo Coco called the Rel de Jardins is small but really nice.

There were only two flights leaving the same time like us and there was no problems.

We did not pay for the VIP, the food was not expenisve that we bought there.

Yes the alcohol is less expensive at the airport.

Problem with hand lugagge and your alcohol, is if you need to make a connecting flight, it can not be in the hand lugagge.

The exchange guy left his post for a few minutes, someone complained and they went to find him. So if he is not there tell someone.

If you saw something that you really liked at the hotel shops, buy it there. I know the backings for the earings were nicer at the hotel shops (outdoor ones, which did not open on Sunday, or at least not as early as the other days we were there. We left Sunday)

As for the smoking area, if smoke bothers you locate yourself at either end of the airport not the middle.

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayo Coco Airport

Book the VIP lounge as soon as you get to speak to your rep. It's well worth the 20CUC each. We've been there 3 times and used the VIP lounge 2nd and 3rd times. Much better!

Mike

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cayo Coco Airport

I agree the VIP loung is the way to go. Only 20CUC per person and the seating is so much more comfortable. We were able to lay down on the couches and sleep while our flight was delayed. It includes drinks and food and snacks and has a seperate door to get to the plane.

belgium
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cayo Coco Airport

you cannot take the alcohol in the handluggage, mine was taken from me

toronto
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cayo Coco Airport

jacky, are you talking about the airport in Cuba.

I've always had a bottle in my carry on coming back from Cuba and never had a problem and bottled water was no problem either.

Get answers to your questions about Ciego de Avila Province