We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Airlines - Don't even think about it!

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Airlines - Don't even think about it!

Returned today from Cayo Coco to Gatwick on TCX Airbus, configuration 3-3-3.

I am 6 foot tall and was apprehensive but found the legroom acceptable, although my partner was cramped as she had the window seat with the entertainment computor utilising two thirds of her legrom as previously stated on this forum (or maybe it was www.airlinequality.com).

The stewards were exlemperary, we could not have asked for more.

The flight left on time and arrived in the UK early.

The food itself was tasy and nourishing.

The problem, however, is the WIDTH of the seats. With three full grown adults it is impossible to sit side by side and either not partially overlap arms or simply be firmly shoulder to shoulder.

This means that you get the dominoe effect. Every time some one moves, it disturbs the other two. It is impossible to sleep and reminded me of a museum we had visited in Cuba showing a very similar arrangement for slaves shipped to the West Indies in Colonial times. (This really makes a nonsense of the initial video on board from the CEO stating that 'Your comfort is of great importance').

It is the most unpleasant experience you could ever imagine when trying to eat a meal and unless a person is able to bend their arms from between the elbow and their wrist it is utterly impossible to competently eat with a knife and fork, (unless, of course, your passengers do not mind your elbows in their faces throughout).

Any one who can manage this amazing feat should apply to the Guinness Book of Records under the category of 'Contortionist,.

So do yourself and everyone else a favour, spend slightly more money and travel with a competitor who genuinely DOES care about customer comfort and force Thomas Cook to enter the World of PASSENGER travel (as opposed to Slaves).

I deliberately did not mention 'cattle' as I believe that their comfort is alread better catered for!

You have been warned!

Mentioned in this post
Cayo Coco
Cayo Coco
Jardines del Rey Archipelago, Cuba
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Leeds
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines - Don't even think about it!

go with first choice there configuration on long haul flights is 2-3-2 giving you plenty of room ;)

scotland
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines - Don't even think about it!

Thomas Cook Airlines? Never ever ever again!!

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines - Don't even think about it!

We have just come back today, 12th October, and agree fully - though we only saw the stewards when they needed to come out of the back, which was pretty poor and they were very low on drinks & snacks.

We had the back seats 44 J & H, and had no room at all the window seat had some sort of air con unit under the seat. Every time the couple in front moved - they had the seats back our legs got squashed we are only 5"7 so not huge. I spent almost all the flight stood up!! So my better half could stretch out in the seats.

Book extra leg room or up upgrade your seats, if you have to book with Thomas Cook.

We flew out with Monach - no problems at all.

x x

midlands
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines - Don't even think about it!

just returned from sol cayo guillermo what a flight from hell left cuba at 6.50pm cuban time ,two big arguements broke out in the cabin a man had to be rehydrated, had to be re directed to canada cause a lady had dvt had to be rushed to hospital off loaded all the family and bags.refueled at canada plane had to be defrosted due to weather in canada,then had to stay on the plane while 5 armed police came to question people about previous arguements.to top it all of an 8 hour flight turned into 12 and a half hours.NOT MY IDEA OF A GOOD FLIGHT THOMAS COOK

edinburgh,scotland
Level Contributor
797 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines - Don't even think about it!

i totally agree we travelled back with thomas cook on mom 8th oct and was the worst flight ive been on there was more leg room on the flight from edinburgh to gatwick also most of the seatback tvs didnt work and the ones that did had probs with the sockets for your earphones!!

But purr dont think you can blame thomas cook for a passenger taking ill and the flight having to be diverted i would rather have delay than that person having serious probs or worse over the atlantic

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines - Don't even think about it!

perfect

didnt you know that when "bad people" are being interrogated that they are made to sit in a set exactly like an airplane seat

I saw a documentary on this a few years ago re. how uncomfortable airline seats are, and one of the uses for seats this uncomfortable is to interview people who have done wrong.

7. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines - Don't even think about it!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 21:18