We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Cayo Guillermo???

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Cayo Guillermo???

Anyone planning to go there August 25th? I am travelling solo and I am concerned it may be too calm during summertime. Can you tell me about the animation activities?

Is there action at the disco? Is this an easy place to meet people?

I love the bungalows and the rooms from pictures I have seen but won't I feel lonely there?

If you have been there lately, let me know! Or if you went in the summer months.

I am not the party type and I will be fine with my book during the day at the beach. But, I would like to meet some people for dinner and enjoy evenings with. Dancing would be nice once or twice but being alone in a disco is not my idea of having fun.

Any comment will be appreciated!

London, United...
Level Contributor
734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo???

Hi Maya2627, Stayed there last August. It seems to be more for couples and families. But we did notice a few single people by the bar. The disco was very lively Lots of French people go this hotel. It is generally a quiet place. The beach can get quiet busy especailly near the neighbouring hotel (mainly Italian tourists).

The bungalows are not in a remote area but the location is very peaceful with lovely gardens. If you are lucky enough, sea view from the bungalow is a treat.

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo???

Thanks Birdee! I did book.. I will be there for sure for a week starting saturday August, 26th.

I look forward to it.

I would like to meet anyone from this forum who will be there two, just let me know!

canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo???

Hi Maya!

I have been to this hotel 4 times and planning on going back in December... It is a quiet hotel not wild like Varadero , but that is the reason why I like it cause I go there to relax... I am also from Montreal! I just got back from there 2 weeks ago and it was great! I also know the people there so that helps... if you stick with the animation team you are bound to have a good time! That is one of the main reasons I love to go back because of the people! I could tell you that you can meet people very easily, I met a lot of tourists just by being at the snack bar! Then for the disco, it is not happening as much but when you go with animators it is fun! My friends from animation team are great, I keep in touch with them regularly and it is fun to see them again always... if you stick with Pino, Yubi, Yumar, Agnia , Chuko and Ivan then you are on the right track!Just tell them that Annie from Canada told you to stick with them! I usually recommend a lot of people on the forum to stick with certtain people and then they write back saying that they were the best bunch of people so hopefully you will have a good time as well.... Anyways if you need more info you can either email me at anula28@hotmail.com . I always send letters via some people going to the resort so I was wondering if that would be possible with you... if not I would TOTALLY understand.... but feel free to ask any questions... hope I was a help!

Massachusetts
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo???

Cannot let mention of Pino stand uncontested.

My wife and I had Sunday brunch at Pino restaurant and would like to warn you against eating here.

I eat out frequently, and I understand that I run the risk of finding overpriced restaurants that serve lousy food, but the food is the least of this restaurant's problems.

Pino looks upscale and attractive from the outside. The wait staff is also attractive and well dressed. But the appearance belies a level of cleanliness than one expects from a seedy dive-bar on a busy night.

The chairs at the first table at which we were sat, were covered with crumbs idly brushed off the sticky table. The chairs at the second table were clear, so we sat, but the table was nasty. After hesistantly placing my order, I brought the waitress's attention to the table and asked for a wet towel, thinking that a bus person would be sent to clean the table. To my dismay, the waitress simply offered me a wetted paper napkin when she returned with my coffee - which was appropriately served, complete with grounds, in a chipped cup.

Try Rue Saint-Denis at the top of the hill, lots and lots of variety.

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo???

Pino is an entertainer at Sol Cayo Guillermo!!!

pnf
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo???

Pino...little Pino.

7. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Ciego de Avila Province