We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,017 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

A quick message, do not come to this hotel, the refurbishments are on going and alot of facilities are not here the food id dire and there are leaks all over the hotel. It is hard to see what has been improved and we want to go home it is so bad. We have just got internet acess today so i thought i would warn you. regards toady

Ajax, Ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

Are you at the hotel right now?? Our agent advised us that all repairs have been completed...?????

Is it really that bad...???

Please tell me more...

Grimsby Town fF C
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

I'm so sorry you are having a bad time is it that bad? i do hope it will all be finished for July and i hope things im prove for you, all the best Physco

Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

Hi Toady

Oh No, what a shame. I have not heard anything further from the hotel / tour op since my last posting to you. You have my hearfelt thanks for the warning but are you able to be relocated? Would you say the hotels is weeks away from completion (or a few months away!) as the hotel was meant to be open 16 Dec, business as usual (with a few minor ongoing works) !!!!!!! I'm so sorry you're having a miserable time it was superb there in January 06. We'rfe off to the travel agents first thing tomorrow, be in touch. Regards

Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

Hi Toady

Just to let you know, we have cancelled and are very grateful that you have taken the time to let us know, whilst on your holiday.

Grimsby Town fF C
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

Hi Flying Haggis, just in case the refurbishments at the Daiquiri get miles behind could you please let me know the procedure of cancelling your holiday ? did you lose your deposit ? and hane you booked somewhere else ? Cheers for the help Tony P S all the best

Montreal
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

Hi. I've just booked for January 16 and cannot cancel. Do you know if things will be completed by mid-January and what section of the hotel is more impacted by the noise ? Thanks. Elaine

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

After reading these posts and emailing the hotel I contacted Signature Vacations this morning and requested they move us to the Sol Cayo Guillermo - which they did! We arrive Jan. 05. I'm sure the IB might(?) have been okay but I feel a whole lot better now. This is our first trip to Cuba (and our first all inclusive). Now I have to figure out all new room requests etc.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

Just thought I would add to what has already been said. We were due to travel on 12 July from the UK with First Choice. Our travel agent contacted us yesterday to advise that First Choice have cancelled our booking due to ongoing refurbishment work. They have allocated us the Melia which I understand is alongside but I will not be accepting their offer. We are going to attempt to book another Iberostar elsewhere, maybe Varadero. Not the holiday we were looking forward to but I fear it would have been far worse if we had actually arrived and discovered the hotel unfinished. I feel so disappointed for you Toady after all you've been through - thanks for the warning.

Toronto, On, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

Help!

I will be staying at the Iberostar Daiquiri in Cayo Guillmero

Jan 5th 2007 and we have been told that everything is good 2 go!

PLEASE can someone update me on how things are when they get there???

Thank you soooo much

perth,ont
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Message for flying haggis re iberostar daiquiri

My travel agent said the Signature rep told him everyhting was to be done by Xmas rush. We leave on the 19th so hopefully if someone is there first they will update us. We're hoping for the best. We don't mind alittle construction, since every resort seems to be updating constantly...as long as we have sun, beach, food and drink...I can handle a little inconvenience,especially since we just got a major snow fall yesterday!!!

Get answers to your questions about Ciego de Avila Province