We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls week away

4 posts
Save Topic
Girls week away

Hi all,

Im planning a week away the 3 of my girlfriends ages between 24-36.

After a little bit of research i am leaning towards staying in Turban. Am i correct that this isn't quite as busy as Kuta but still has plenty of bars, shops etc? From looking at the map Kuta isn't far away so would it be easy enough to go to Kuta if we felt like a wild night out?

I dont necessarily want a high end place to stay but would like something nice. (If that makes sense) Is there anyone who could recommend a few places?

I would also like to possible go to Ubud for a day trip. Is this possible/difficult from Turban?

Looking forward to your replies :)

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
7 replies to this topic
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls week away

Rachael, for a week in Bali, I would suggest to split into two places: Tuban (your choice) and Ubud. Or if you prefer to stay the whole week in Tuban, yes you can do a day trip to Ubud. Please hire a private driver for your day trip. Rate is about USD 50 (IDR 600K) for 8 hours including a car + an english speaking driver.

Please read here for hotel reviews https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g562690-T… Tuban is very close to the airport, south of Kuta. Yes you can grab a taxi to Kuta if you feel like it.

What is your budget for hotel, roughly?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Tuban
Tuban
Kuta, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls week away

Hi kmiggiani,

Thanks for the information.

I would like to try and keep it under $100 night if possible.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4,417 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls week away

$100 a night is a good budget for hotel since mine is usually less then 300k.

Yes you can do day trip to ubud but you shouldn't, you will enjoy it more if you stay there for at least a night

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls week away

Think i will take up the suggestion of spending more than 1 day in Ubud

May do Ubud first so that way im closer to airport on way home

Is there many bars in Ubud? Or is it more cultural stuff?

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls week away

We normally suggest to go straight to Ubud from the airport, spend few days there and the last leg, stay somewhere in the south of Bali, close to the airport.

Ubud has some bars, not as many as it is in Kuta/Legian/Seminyak area. Here is the link https:/…Restaurants-g297701-Ubud_Bali.html

Ubud is a lovely place to stay, a lot of restaurants/stores. If you stay in the centre, you just walk around. Consider a spa for all of you, It is so good, and it is cheaper in Bali than back home in US

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
280 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls week away

Check out febris hotel its amazing u could all stay in 1 room family rooms sleep 4 or 5 the spa is amazing you wont be dissapointed check out the reviews book direct online on there website we had a girls trip here was awsome & we go there as a family to heading there saturday bring it on its close to airport & waterbom shops

Is it saturday yet lol

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls week away

Hi Rachael. I was also going to suggest the Febris.

Mentioned in this post
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Febri's Hotel & Spa
1,848 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Reply to: Girls week away
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tuban