We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santiki versus Febris??

Which Tuban hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Santiki versus Febris??

Number one and number two hotels in Tuban according to Trip Advisor. Has anyone stayed at both and prepared to pick one or the other? We are in our early sixties and like peaceful hotels with a nice pool area.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santiki versus Febris??

Hi warnerbros

Have not stayed at either, but have had a look at the Febris and a room there and walked through the grounds at Santika.

I'd go for the Santika,you are beachfront and it is a 'resort' hotel.You can walk out onto the beach and go for a leisurely stroll along the beachfront path now to the airport runway boundary or head in the other direction to Kuta.(the whole beachfront area along the Tuban strip has improved greatly since the beachworks have been completed)

It is a quiet area.

Cheers

Burns

Shelly Beach...
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Santiki versus Febris??

Hi warnerbros, we have stayed at the Santika a few times, it is a lovely hotel with lovely grounds and beach access. Breakfast is also yummy and I would recommend the premier rooms or a garden bungalow if the budget stretches to that. Febris is directly across the road and while it is a good value for money hotel it is in a separate catergory to the Santika. Really depends what you are looking for. Hope this helps. Cheers, killarney.

Perth
Level Contributor
67 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santiki versus Febris??

Hi, These are two very different hotels. The febris is a bit more like a a building with rooms and a pool on the side, the pool is open to restuarant (feels a little exposed, not sure why I felt this as a lot of hotels have dining near the pool.) Overall it felt more like a motel. The rooms are a good size, and price and were very clean last year. The santika, whilst I haven't stayed here is more of a resort. I haved walked through it, and it seemed very peacful and relaxed. I haven't seen the rooms, I belive it it would be more expensive than Febris.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,755 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santiki versus Febris??

the two are completely different. as for location they are directly opposite each other. the santika has the benefit of beach frontage. the hotel is rather spread out and there are a number of different room types. the febris has two room types the superior and family rooms. it is a reasonably new hotel and the trees around the pool are now providing more shade and privacy. the superior rooms are located the length of the pool with family rooms at the back of the hotel. the hotel is extremely clean, staff well trained and a good buffet breakfast. very good value hotel especially for families and groups as you don't find large family rooms sleeping up to 5 comfortably for such a low price. the spa is very popular here. since you say

"We are in our early sixties and like peaceful hotels with a nice pool area". i think you MAY prefer the santika. how ever if you want to stick to a cheaper hotel then you would still be happy with the febris. it is excellent and i have stayed there and will go again. but santika is a completely different option and more what i feel you are looking for.

Perth
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santiki versus Febris??

Thank you all. I think we will book the Santika.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santiki versus Febris??

Good choice. I love the Santika and if you book premier room it is quieter. The pool area is lovely and the grounds really are beautiful.

7. Re: Santiki versus Febris??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 05:44