We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary check please

Christchurch, NZ
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary check please

It has taken me several weeks of reading reviews and research but I think I have now come up with an itinerary. I would be really grateful for any feedback offered.

We will fly into Zagreb mid May and will be there for 8 nights. Arrival on 1st day is mid afternoon.

2 nights Plitvice Lakes. Will be evening by the time we arrive on our first day.

2 nights Groznjan

3 nights Rovinj

1 night Zagreb

We love nature but also keen on some culture. We will be hiring a car and do tend to pack a lot into a day!

Thanks

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary check please

Too much time on Plitvice and why not only one destination in Istria when everything is within 30 min drive from Rovinj?

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
891 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary check please

Agree with Morlaque, leave Plitvice in the evening and head in the direction of Istria, stop along the way if you don't fancy the full drive.

one base in Istria is sufficient, and consider taking a day for Bohinj or Bled on the final leg of your journey.

Edited: 08 January 2013, 22:17
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,368 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary check please

Agree with the above esp. re Plitvice. However, it can be fun to base in 2 places in Isria as they are uniquely different. But not necessary as they are so close. That part is up to you. Both Rovinj and Groznjan are spectacular and unmissable. Istria is incredibly magical. Glad you will have a car. It is essential if you are adventurous! :-)

Christchurch, NZ
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary check please

Thanks for your comments. We will just base ourselves in Rovinj I think when in Istria. I thought 2 nights in Plitvice worked because we would be getting there late on the first night and don't want to rush off the next day to Rovinj as we love nature and there seems to be a lot to see at Plitvice nature wise.

5. Re: Itinerary check please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 05:19