We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh, how I need your wisdom!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
746 reviews
Save Topic
Oh, how I need your wisdom!

We are planning to leave Piran on a Monday AM Sept.16 and take the bus to Porec? Rovinj? Pula if we have to.........to pick up a rental car that we will probably use for 3 weeks.

3 weeks for : 5 days Istria, 1-2 nites Plitvice, 3 nites Trogir........3 nites Korcula........3 nites Cavtat.....overnite Mostar.......3-4 nites Sarajevo......drive back to Dubrovnik....flite from there Oct.10th.

Are there car rental companies with a pick-up in Porec or Rovinj???????

I know many have said......drop car off in Split....take bus to Dubrovnik,etc. but look at where we are staying.

If one company provides good rates and we only use that one for 2 weeks......we can then rent another car (another company) for Cavtat, B-H, and Kotor Bay.

Anyway......if i sound ditzy......I apologize. I TRUST ANY EXPERTISE you can impart.

Thanks for your time.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
50,192 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh, how I need your wisdom!

To me it makes sense to go to Mostar and Sarajevo when going south from Split, then go to Korcula and then finish up in the Dubrovnik area. Also I think two nights at Plitvice is a bit much. To me one night is enough.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
746 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh, how I need your wisdom!

BM......Thanks MUCH for your suggestion. At some point I did give it a brief thought......and because I'm old....can NOT tell you why I changed my mind. But it DOES sound like the thing to do.

Folks......I'm still in a quandry regarding a rental car pickup in Rovinj or Porec.....OR Pula.......do I just have to spend hours/days on line to see what works??????? Please chime in if you have experience renting in ISTRIA.

Much appreciation.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh, how I need your wisdom!

Pick up a hire care in whichever town you will be staying in. If it were me I would stay in Rovinj which is equal distance with Pula to the South and Porec in the North. Also easy to get to the hill towns in the interior. Apart from anything else Rovinj is just beautiful and the crowds will have dissipated by the time you arrive. You could also take in Pula on your way Southwards.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
746 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh, how I need your wisdom!

Thanks Danny. .......Booked 5 nights in Rovinj several days ago. REALLY looking forward to wandering around the hill towns.

5. Re: Oh, how I need your wisdom!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Istria
Recent Conversations