We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort?

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
320 posts
335 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort?

I am thinking about going to Istria in the summer. I was just wondering what the best resort is in Istria? I want somewhere with lots of shops, restaurants and a nice beach/swimming area. Considering: Porec, Rovinj or Pula.

Many thanks.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort?

Porec and Rovinj are much more geared for tourists than Pula which has great Roman stuff but is a working town. IMO Rovinj has nuch more character and charm than Porec and I'd always give it the preference.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort?

Rovinj is incredible and there are several resorts to choose from, based on your preference. I think those to the south are more interesting than tho north ones but you should investigate. Shops an restaurants are mainly in the Old town area but I prefer the beaches to the south, with beautiful nature. Find your perfect area, then choose accommodation.

Check the entire coastline in my MTB Street view movie from Rovinj - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M35I33JH00. You can also see the Old Town and some places to the north.

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,236 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort?

My first pick would be Rovinj as a place to stay. The others are fabulous to visit, though, so don't miss those. "Best" is very difficult as it can mean so many different things.

Will you have a vehicle? That would enable you to do some exploring all sorts of lovely places and great restaurants outside those towns. How many days will you have? Which month? As you mention summer I assume July or August. Just keep in mind these places will be jam packed with people (Pula less so) so look beyond that. :)

4. Re: Which resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Istria
Recent Conversations