We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking hotels for aug 2014?!!! Why the issue

Appleby, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Booking hotels for aug 2014?!!! Why the issue

Hi. We would love to go to croatia on holiday next year pref porec or pula I have searched the Internet high snd low and there seems to be no hotels available for the dates in Aug 2014 I know it's early but I always book early and have never had a problem with other destinations. I have found a good flight deal but Don't dare book incase I can't get accomodation ??!! Seems bizarre ! :/

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking hotels for aug 2014?!!! Why the issue

That is very early to book for Croatia - many websites simply would not have dates available that far in advance. I highly recommend looking at apartments or houses in your search as well as hotels. There are hundreds - they can be better value as well as having loads of charm and character which is often lacking in hotels. There are also sobes which are private rooms, sort of like B&Bs. Can I also suggest not booking half or full board because the food at konobas in Istria is fantastic?!

Appleby, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking hotels for aug 2014?!!! Why the issue

Hi thanks for your help. Weare looking for hotels purely because we have 2 children so like somewhere with facilities to keep then entertained, when are dates likely to be released? Still a little scared to book thd flights.

Many thanks for your reply, nikki

Appleby, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking hotels for aug 2014?!!! Why the issue

Hi thanks for your help. Weare looking for hotels purely because we have 2 children so like somewhere with facilities to keep then entertained, when are dates likely to be released? Still a little scared to book thd flights.

Many thanks for your reply, nikki

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking hotels for aug 2014?!!! Why the issue

Ah...I understand. I would be absolutely shocked if you were unable to find something. Are you restricted to Poreč or Pula or would you consider elsewhere (prettier) such as Rovinj? Tons of options there, too.

Level Contributor
8,340 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking hotels for aug 2014?!!! Why the issue

I'm sure if you contact your hotel choice directly they can help you. Third party sites are limited in terms of last room availability (I'm sure that is not an issue a year in advance) and as stated above they probably don't even get an allotment this early.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking hotels for aug 2014?!!! Why the issue

Use the websites to contact the hotel/host directly, they will surely approve, though they will not have the prices set yet. Also, although it depends on the place, I can't imagine you not being able to find some accommodation even on the spot. The choice would be limited in high season, but something is always available as almost every house offers accommodation (and it can be even better than a hotel). So no need to worry.

Btw, I would also recommend Rovinj, though you didn't say how old the kids are. You can check Rovinj in my MTB Street view movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M35I33JH00. I made it quite clear in the movie why I love it. And do plan on visiting the hilltop towns like Grožnjan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obZhjAH3Nh8 and Motovun - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od8WboFtnWU.

7. Re: Booking hotels for aug 2014?!!! Why the issue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 07:18