We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pula or Rovinj

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Pula or Rovinj

2 friends and I (girls in early twenties) are planning on spending 4 days in Pula in late July this year, although having read some reviews I am worried that we might have picked the wrong place. Lots of forums are saying to stay in Rovinj instead - we have already booked accomodation in Pula but it isn't a problem to cancel.

I would like to know if anyone could help me - we are interested in relaxing on the beach and swimming for most of the time - so where would you say are the nicest beaches? We also would like a nice location for eating and lots of culture and history.

If anyone could help and give me some advice I would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks very much! Madeleine

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pula or Rovinj

I'm from Istria, living in several places (Rovinj, Pula, Buzet). Pula is the best choise and you did it ok. Pula has 119 km of beaches so you can choose from pebbles, rocks, sandy .. quiet, with bars .. Kamenjak is wild, giving you opportunity to realy enjoy clean sea, sound of waves and mediteranian smels.

Pula is also 3000 year old town with roman herritage. Not like Rovinj (smaller but much more crowded and designed), Pula is more exciting to descover with great bars to hang out , abandoned fortresses with late night concerts and few great reasturants (in one there's lavanda semifredo to die for)

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pula or Rovinj

Thanks very much for your reply!! Very excited to visit now - I've just been researching Kamenjak and it looks absolutely beautiful.

We wont have a car when we're there, how is best to get around? Would you say by bus?

Thanks again. Madeleine

Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
747 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pula or Rovinj

We just got back. We stayed in Rovinj and visited Pula, and I thought Rovinj was WAY nicer for a holiday.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pula or Rovinj

You don't say where you are staying in Pula, area, hotel, apartment? Rovinj is beautiful, charming and vibrant with many restaurants and bars and is a resort. Pula is a bustling working town and has its own charms but different. It is not a resort. It's famous for its Roman antiquities e.g. the Roman Amphitheatre. It has a tourist centre with beaches, hotels bars etc. at Verudela - 2 miles from the centre and on a good bus route.

Kamenjak is wonderful but not situated in Pula and you would probably nead a car to make it worthwhile.

You need to bear in mind where will be most convenient for you with time restraints of 4 days.

5. Re: Pula or Rovinj

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:17