We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the horses well treated?

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Are the horses well treated?

Hello

We're off to Avoriaz next season and I'm wondering if anyone can confirm if the horses used for the sleigh rides are well treated and looked after?

They look beautiful in all the photos - but would just like some confirm.

Thank you

Sarah

Mentioned in this post
Avoriaz
Avoriaz
Morzine, France
Morzine, France
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the horses well treated?

Hey,

I work for a ski school and see them regularly, not an expert on horses but they seem as well treated as any other horses. They have a stable up in Avoriaz and are used for transport but my guess would be they have 2-3 hard weeks of work and he rest of the season they seem relaxed waiting for someone to want a lift.

Cheers

James

Mentioned in this post
Avoriaz
Avoriaz
Morzine, France
2. Re: Are the horses well treated?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Avoriaz