We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoriaz to moraine at night

Which Avoriaz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucks. U.K.
Level Contributor
56 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Avoriaz to moraine at night

Hi there, can anyone tell me how I and my family (kids 7 and 8) can get to Morzine from Avoriaz for the evening?(not a taxi) Is it possible to go by cable car? If so, how long does it take? Is it worth the trip for a meal?

Also, can anyone recommend good, traditional restaurants in Avoriaz?

And finally, can anyone recommend any (genuinely,) easy, wide, cruisy blue runs in Avoriaz or thereabouts!

We usually go to Austria and this is our first trip to Avoriaz so any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks!

Bucks. U.K.
Level Contributor
56 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoriaz to moraine at night

Sorry, obviously meant Morzine!

Isle of Wight...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoriaz to moraine at night

Not sure where you are staying in avoriax but as you are probably aware it is traffic free, so you will need to either get a horse sledge or walked down to the les prodains cable car. At the bottom of the cable car there is a free bus that takes you into Morzine which is really easy BUS A . The problem is when you want to come back, the last bus from morzine back to the cable car is at 19:45 and I believe the last cable car back up to is avoriaz is 9pm (but dont quote me on that bit!) we looked at going up to avoriaz for an evening (we stayed in les prodains) but in the end chicken out as we couldnt fathom the bizarre nightime timetable!

If you decided to get a taxi back from morzine i believe its about 30euro and it takes between 15 and 20 minutes.

Hope that helps

Bucks. U.K.
Level Contributor
56 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoriaz to moraine at night

thanks for that - very useful.

4. Re: Avoriaz to moraine at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Avoriaz
Recent Conversations