We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chalet Bon Coin Silver Ski La Plagne

Brighton
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Chalet Bon Coin Silver Ski La Plagne

Just back from a week in Chalet Bon Coin, and we had a really good experience. The young team were really thoughtful hosts: the word 'hosts' is important. They're not hotel staff, and if you set your expectations at the right level then you won't be disappointed.

We ate copious tasty food (well done Paul); enjoyed how sociable everyone was at dinner (including Len Silver); appreciated Claire organising things for us even on her day off; had fabulous, thoughtfully tailored social ski-guiding in La Plagne and Les Arcs from Francesca and Sam; and were really grateful for Ellis' good-humoured coach repping at ungodly hours of the morning (even down to planning for travel sickness - thanks for the back-patting).

The chalet is properly ski-in and nearly ski-outable even with the current dearth of snow. And the non-skiers in our party enjoyed the footpaths, husky dogs sledging and snowshoeing. Oxygene's service was a little patchy and their pricing needs watching, but the people who did the moonlit ski thoroughly enjoyed that too.

A parapente off the top of the Roche de Mio down to Aime was apparently just the best.

Oh, and the pistes were in good shape; they were bussing in people from Tignes where the pistes had iced up.

For info: we were a group of 22 adults, mix of ski and boarders and non-skiers, aged 36-60 plus.

Brighton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Chalet Bon Coin Silver Ski La Plagne

Hi was you the same week as me as there was no group of skiers n i was there wiv family n for the snow plz tel the truth “A lot of runs even above Plagne Centre are down to the base, showing through in more than a few places. The weather was more like April … and as i quote this the staff r very young reason WHY i will never go again you pay cheap you get cheap proper company next time and will pay a little more but get better standards . Paul admitted he'd never even been shown how to cook as a kid till now. crap food crap service crap holiday snow has not fallen in over a month as len had told us and you can so tell

Brighton
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chalet Bon Coin Silver Ski La Plagne

Sorry to hear your experience was so different to ours. I was telling the truth! We were there 6-12 Feb 2011.

3. Re: Chalet Bon Coin Silver Ski La Plagne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2012, 10:42
Get answers to your questions about Macot-la-Plagne