We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit near hahn

killarney
Level Contributor
153 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Places to visit near hahn

Hi. I am staying in lautzenhausen for short visit in December. Going to trier on the Saturday. Anywhere else good to visit on the Sunday. Approx within hour of where I'm staying. By public transport only. Thx

11 replies to this topic
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,327 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit near hahn

Cochem

http://www.cochem.de/tourismus/en/index

Koblenz

http://www.koblenz-tourism.com/

Mentioned in this post
Koblenz
Koblenz
Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
Boppard, Germany
Destination Expert
for Boppard
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit near hahn

When will you be coming? On the first weekend in December there is a Christmas market in Simmern, on the second weekend in Kastellaun. But why would you even stay in Lautzenhausen?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,327 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit near hahn

Lautzenhausen is the closest village to the terminal of Hahn Airport. Allegedly the USAF only named this airport after Hahn (a part of the airport is also on the area of the village Hahn) as it was easier to pronounce than Lautzenhausen. Apart from being close to the airport there is really no other reason to stay in Lautzenhausen (or Hahn).

Edited: 22 November 2017, 22:35
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,153 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit near hahn

Hahn airport is basically in the middle of nowhere, even the scenery in the immediate vicinity is, unusually for the Hunsruck, unattractive. I might have suggested that you spend the day plane spotting but, in the current climate, even that is unadvisable.

Trier is a good destination for the Saturday however, even though the weather forecast isn't good, and there could well be snow on the Hunsruck (but unlikely in Trier itself where rain is more likely).

Mentioned in this post
Trier
Trier
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,051 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit near hahn

I like Hahn as from arriving to be on the plane will take 15 minutes as nobody is ever there. But otherwise there is no point being there besides taking a flight .

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,327 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to visit near hahn

You could do on Sunday a Christmas Market loop

Hahn Airport - Bullay - Traben-Trarbach - Bernkastel-Kues - Wittlich - Bullay - Hahn Airport

bus 750 Hahn Airport - Bullay

www.moselbahn.de/mb_regiolinie_750.html…

Traben-Trarbach Wine Christmas Market

http://www.mosel-wein-nachts-markt.de

Shuttle Bus Traben-Trarbach to Bernkastel-Kues Christmas Markets

weihnachtsmarkt-bernkastel-kues.de/informati…

Bernkastel-Kues Christmas Market

weihnachtsmarkt-bernkastel-kues.de/impressio…

The main bus stop of Bernkastel-Kues is "Kues Forum".

The complete trip is covered by a Rheinland-Pfalz Ticket (EUR 24,00) apart from the shuttle bus Traben-Trabarch to Bernkastel-Kues (EUR 2,00).

The connections where I've not linked a timetable can be queried using the DB timetable.

Mentioned in this post
Traben-Trarbach
Traben-Trarbach
Bernkastel-Kues
Bernkastel-Kues
killarney
Level Contributor
153 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to visit near hahn

Cochem looks great. Hope to travel there on the Sunday. Is this accessible by bus. Thx. Staying in hahn is just convenient for me. Last time I travelled after landing in hahn it took another 2.5 hrs to get to my hotel in Frankfurt. Just as easy to have a few beers in hahn on night of arrival. Its the last weekend in December I'm traveling. T hx to all for replies

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
10,570 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to visit near hahn

Last weekend in December? The Christmas market in Cochem ends 17 Dec, the town will be pretty dead on nye weekend. The market in Trier ends 22 Dec but the city should still be lively on Saturday.

Mentioned in this post
Cochem
Cochem
Trier
Trier
killarney
Level Contributor
153 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to visit near hahn

Is there even a pub in lautzenhausen or sohren. Or should I move to trier on my arrival in hahn

Edited: 23 November 2017, 17:33
Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to visit near hahn

In Sohren you have Dilon Lounge and Cocktail Bar, in Lautzenhausen Saloon Lucki Luke and My Place Hotel, Bar, Restaurant

Reply to: Places to visit near hahn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted