We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please advice on kitesurfing vacation

Sofia
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Please advice on kitesurfing vacation

Hi,

I am planning a vacation in Palau in September. During it I want to take kitesurf lessons. The problem is, that my boyfriend is a bit pretensious and he want to stay at a luxurious place. On the other side, I want to be close to the surf shcool.

So, would someone recomend me a luxurious hotel, but close to the surf spots?

Thanks in advance :)

Sardinia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please advice on kitesurfing vacation

If you get in touch with these people, they can guide you on your accommodation options. They run some of the best kitesurfing courses on the island; their centre is at Porto Pollo, a huge, normally windy beach very close to Palau.

http://www.portopollo.it/index_eng.asp

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please advice on kitesurfing vacation

Porto Pollo is the place for the best kitesurf (and also windsurf) on the island, totally agree! Two beach areas divided by a 'neck' of sand that is lined with snack bar, kite/windsurf school booth, and car spots. The atmosphere and location is perfect, even to someone who just wants to watch from the beach. The Isola dei Gabbiani (bungalows) is not luxury, basic but it has the ideal location to stay steps away from the beach and where the centre of the activity is. Up the hill ( a very good walk with no car) or 2 minutes away by car (exiting out of Porto Pollo is Il Nido dei Gabbiani, I would not say 5 star but offers self catering and privacy not as busy as the camping and bungalows below with nice views from some too.

www.ilnidodeigabbiani.it/default3_e.htm

www.isoladeigabbiani.it/inglese/default.asp

(on this website you will see good overview photo of the area) there are the simple bungalows here

Sofia
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please advice on kitesurfing vacation

Thank you very very much ! :)

Very useful links. I am so unpatient to goooo :)

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please advice on kitesurfing vacation

Enjoy! Hope you both have a good holiday.

5. Re: Please advice on kitesurfing vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Palau