We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel

Hull, England...
3 posts
1 review
Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel

Hi, We are a family of 2 adults and 4 teenagers, youngest is 14. We are staying near Paloma Parque arriving on 28th October and are looking for evening options for eating, a few drinks and hopefully some entertainment, nothing too specific, singers or artists in bars or clubs would be fine. I'd also like them to see a drag act if anyone can recommend one. The kids are fairly well exposed to 'Life' so not really looking for anything kiddy orientated but also nothing too wild.

Also any other eatery recommendations for early to mid evening, not bothered if it's a bit of a walk. Having 4 teenagers with us i'd prefer more towards the budget range but value for money is more important than outright cost. Are there any Chinese or Indian Buffett style restaurants?

I've had a quick look at bus routes and quite a few seem to run near Paloma Parque. Do they do a standard set bus fare from that area for localish travel. I've been to Torrevieja and Benidorm and found the ticket price to be the same as long as the journey wasn't too long. We don't intend going far, probably from Paloma Parque to the Marina area to save a bit of leg work. If not a set price can anyone give me a rough indication of cost please?

Thanks in advance.

9 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
20,393 posts
366 reviews
1. Re: Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel

I'd look into getting a Travel Card, a local bus fare which usually costs 1.55€ will only cost you 1.08€… top up what you think you will use ,one card will do all 4 ,cost is 1.80 refundable , and just zap it x4 when you get on the bus and cards can be bought in local tobacconists , and can be used to Mijas Pueblo , Fuengirola and Torremolinos .

Bus card info and routes below

sunsetbeachclub.com/blog/…

Edited: 17 October 2017, 14:54
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,862 posts
134 reviews
2. Re: Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel

Chinese buffet at the Marina and in Arroyo (uphill from Paloma Parque.) Plenty of other Chinese restaurants about too, set meal from around 6€ for 3 courses.

Look out for Dragtastic at Bonanza Bar, Capones have live entertainment some nights, Mullarkeys every night until 31st Oct. All 3 have FB pages.

Edited: 17 October 2017, 15:06
Hull, England...
3 posts
1 review
3. Re: Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel

Great, Thank you. Any more recommendations please?

washington
Level Contributor
356 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel

Lillie Langtrys opposite the hotel riviera do great food they will make anything you want if they can

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,862 posts
134 reviews
5. Re: Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel

Great Indian, Harry`s Restro, 15 mins walk from Paloma Park on Palm Tree Ave https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Rev… loads of Tapas bars uphill in Arroyo (please dont walk down to seafront everyday and miss 2/3rds of the resort) Loads of good value places to eat round Bonanza Sq area and for a splurge try https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Rev… or https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Rev… and more expensive places at the marina, only the view is better in my view.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,862 posts
134 reviews
6. Re: Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel

Dragtastic are on at Bonanaza Bar every sunday night.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
298 posts
62 reviews
7. Re: Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel

Are Mullarkeys closing at end of Oct again this year?

I'm coming back again in Nov so looks like I'll miss the live acts then.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,862 posts
134 reviews
8. Re: Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel

Mullarkeys close 31st Oct. Bonanza Bar are trying to push on through the winter. They have emailed me their Xmas openings, no details of acts though i am sure they are having entertainment.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
298 posts
62 reviews
9. Re: Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel

Thanks for the update.

Reply to: Family bars with entertainment and Bus travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena