We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi and Food?

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wolverhampton
9 posts
Save Topic
Taxi and Food?

Hi all, well it's only a week away until the girls are away off into the sun. Can any help with rough cost of taxi from airport to Benalmadena Palace?

Any tips on restaurants would be grate help, looking for good quality mid price nosh.....

Thanks in advance.

TH

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi and Food?

hi busterbabe (I fail to understand what your nickname stands for, but it sounds a bit weird!)

We actually are back from a boys weekend right in the opposite direction: spent the last weekend in London.

A Taxi from the airport to Benalmadena will cost you roughly 20 euros.

As for restaurants, I am not an expert when it comes to Benalmadena and dining. Not sure what you mean by mid price, but there is a place I love in Carihuela - Torremolinos (a short ride taxi from where you are staying) which name is Med. The terrace is to die for, and the food is first class.

You will probably be clubbing in the Puerto Marina area. There are thousands of restaurants here. Sadly some of them have poor value. I have gone sometimes to a Italian restaurant named Pinoccio which was always ok.

There was a tiny belgium restaurant some time ago in the marina area called Le Restaurant that we discovered wandering around that was a wonderful surprise.

Regards.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi and Food?

Agree with MacPollo that Pinocchio is always a safe bet.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi and Food?

Was there a couple of weeks ago and great Chinese buffet place down at the marina, think it is called WOK. Costs about 12Euro each. You pick your fresh fish, meat etc and they cook it for you while you wait, then pick your rice, noodles etc. Certainly a little different and we all thought it was great food.

Our taxi was 25E to the far end of the resort.

Have fun.

PAW
Banbury
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi and Food?

Brown's in Flamingo square is a well established restaurant, resonably priced and offers good, fresh food. For something more special have a look at Club Nauticos on the Marina. Do not be put off by the name, it is not a club but a lovely restaurant serving excellent food.

cordoba
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi and Food?

I will second Browns, lovely food. Never tried Pinoccio's but we've been 3 times to another Italian in the marina called Mama Leones, it's tucked away just inside the marina's exterior down a small walkway and is excellent. Also if you want some good old fashioned english food then a walk towards the roundabout with the steel sails at the other end of Benalmadena there is Shakespears restaurant on the right hand side. Nothing much to look at but they do a cracking fish and chips and loads of other well cooked english food.

wolverhampton
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi and Food?

Thanks to those of you have helped me with ideas for the trip, only 12 hours to go and we'll be on our way, report when i get back with piccies.

TH

7. Re: Taxi and Food?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena