We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riviera hotel ?

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Riviera hotel ?

Hi, I have booked to go to the Riviera hotel in August for two weeks and having read the reviews on this hotel I am now really worried about the cleanliness of it and the reports on the food ( very bad ) do you think I should get in touch with Portand holidays and ask to change my hotel after all it is not cheap and is suposed to be 4 star !! I do not want my holiday ruined by this hotel, regards Liz x

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,857 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riviera hotel ?

I have`nt seen anything in the Riviera to suggest its not clean. Admittedly not stayed myself but friends anf Family have over the last 2 summers and couldnt find a bad word for it. Highly satisfied, with both rooms and food. There is a bit of maintenance work in the pool area (needed) but should be finshed soon. All the rooms were fully refitted 2 years ago as well as the public rooms. The concert room still makes us laugh as the wallpaper joints are visible from the moon. We keep thinking someone will go round with a coloured pen and fill in the gaps. LOL. Wallpaper not a Spanish thing I guess.

PAW
Banbury
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riviera hotel ?

We have stayed many times in the Riviera and it has always been spotlessly clean. Cannot comment on the food as we only stay on a Bed and Breakfast basis. The only criticsisms are made by people who think that they cater mainly for the elderly, this does not bother us as we can make our own entertainment elsewhere and enjoy the peace and quiet that the hotel offers.

arroya
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riviera hotel ?

Stopped at this hotel many times before i bought my own place in benal lovely hotel and very clean never had any problems enjoy your holiday.

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riviera hotel ?

Thanks all you have cheered me up a bit, the reports on here were not good so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is ok as I have never been before, please keep me posted on this hotel, regards Liz xx

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riviera hotel ?

hi - i read all the reviews for my hotel (JUST UP THE ROAD FROM YOURS) and was really worried about actually going there.

I got there and it was AMAZING so don't worry about these reviews.

I was in the reception of your hotel and the staff couldn't have been nicer and it looked typical of any Spanish hotel I have stayed or worked in.

You are right up from the beach and just across from lots of bars. Theres also bus stops right beside the entrance to your hotel so you will easily be able to travel around if you want to.

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riviera hotel ?

Hi, please dont worry, we stayed there last July for 2 weeks and it was fantastic. The food was excellent, we were half board and we also ate out a few nights, not because of the hotel food but because we like to go out for meals etc when on holiday. The room was cleaned every day along with fresh towels etc. You can hire a fridge for your room just ask at reception, cant remember cost but wasnt expensive. We had a large room overlooking the beach with fantastic views. The pool was quite packed every day so we went to beach, there is a lift which takes you direct onto promenade so you dont have to climb any hills to beach. We are a couple aged 47 and 50 and like our food, nightlife and a few drinks and there was a varied age group staying we were certainly not the youngest. Hope this helps, we would certainly stay there again. Have a good holiday.

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riviera hotel ?

I read AWFUL reports about the bali and it simply wasn't true

I beleive (correct me if i am wrong) that this hotel belongs to the

same chain as the bali hotel - Med Playa

and so I wouldn't worry

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riviera hotel ?

I havn't heard any bad reports about The Riviera . I have friends and relatives who go there every year for a month . Where have you seen that the food is bad ? This is one hotel in Benalmadena I wouldn't be worried about !

I suppose you could change for a fee but where to ? The Pez Espada in Torremolinos is part of the same chain, Med Playa ,and the food there is excellent .

Edited: 21 April 2010, 23:24
Southampton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Riviera hotel ?

Hi, my parents hav e just returned from this hotel they both fell ill with norovirus and ended up staying in hospital for three days. It appears from other reviews that this is an ongoing problem with this hotel hope it helps.

Lorraine

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Riviera hotel ?

Sorry to hear about your parents, but you cannot blame the Hotel for the virus/illness but the unclean residents/guests. The Hotel as all Hotels can only provide hand gels etc but to police their guests in it's use would be impossible. This is why many Hotels throughout Europe (even the UK) at one point or another can suffer from this problem.

Please read the following thread which hopefully will put things in perspective:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187440-i353-k36…

If you take the necessary precautions then everything should be fine.

The reason i am saying this is that two of my friends (both lads) just returned this morning and before they flew out on Thursday they read the threads on here (especially the one linked above) and asked if it really was a problem as they didn't want their long weekend of drinking and girls to be ruined due to illness lol (fair point) and they were just extra careful it seems.

There aren't in fact that many reviews for the Riviera (so imagine the many people that did stay that had a nice time) : most only say something when there is something to complain about ;-)

All you can do is read all the review and then take a balanced view and decide from there...always worth of course checking the review before you book to avoid last minute panic.

Have a great time.

CB ",)

Edited: 16 June 2010, 13:14
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena