We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where has Murphy's gone?

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where has Murphy's gone?

And why???

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where has Murphy's gone?

Can you elaborate?

CB

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,988 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where has Murphy's gone?

Murphy`s was the bar half way up Cardiac Hill to the Bali. The mother & daughter team that ran it now manage the bar in the Elefante, and have done since it reopened in march or April this year. The why?, economics I guess, a regular wage from Elefante has got to be better than opening the doors hoping someone will come thru them and spend.

I believe it`s reopened/ing under another name.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,988 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where has Murphy's gone?

There is a Murphy`s at the marina more or less facing the Riu Puerto Marina hotel.

Benalmadena
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where has Murphy's gone?

It is now called LIzzies bar, similar set up to Murphy's, Except the pool table has been taken out and I don't think there is a TV in there, going for conversational bar theme.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,988 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where has Murphy's gone?

Good Luck to em !!

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where has Murphy's gone?

Hang on, this is now getting confusing. Weighty: Are you saying the Murphy's in the marina is now called Lizzies? Or is it the one up the hill near the Bali?

IME, and by what i see, most bars that advertise "no tv" etc, just good old fashioned conversation are either empty or closed.

CB

7. Re: Where has Murphy's gone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 05:16