We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rubens Exchange

Huntingdon
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Topic
Rubens Exchange

Can anyone please advise me if there is a minimum/maximum limit for exchanging sterling to euros at Rubens and if different rates are applied for different amounts?

Many thanks.

Huntingdon
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rubens Exchange

Bump - can anyone help please?

Thanks

grimsby lincs
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rubens Exchange

as far as i am aware the rate is the same be it 10 or a hundred pound but if you were talking big money you would no doubt get a bit more.todays rate at rubens is 1.1825 and the libor bank rate is 1.2041 so not a great deal of movement is available.

Huntingdon
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rubens Exchange

Thanks - just what I needed to know. No large amounts involved - just some extra spending money when I'm in Torremolinos next week.

Thanks again.

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rubens Exchange

Don't forget to take your passport. Rubens have asked to see mine every time I've been there recently.

bolton uk
Level Contributor
412 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rubens Exchange

dont forget they close at 2pm mon-fri

at the torremolinos office

think its 1pm sat, and closed sundays

we always use this Co

never no probs

http://rubenexchange.com/index.html

Huntingdon
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rubens Exchange

AguilaMike & Torreboys - thanks to you both, much appreciated.

I will check opening times when I get there (I'm staying halfway between Torremolinos & Benalmadena so can go to either branch) & will remember to take my passport.

Thanks again.

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rubens Exchange

Ruben's website says that they are open 10:00 to 19:00 Monday to Saturday and 10:00 to 13:00 on Sundays.

I've never known the Benalmadena office close on weekday afternoons.

Huntingdon
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rubens Exchange

AM - many thanks.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rubens Exchange

There's an exchange bureau in Carihuela village that always gives very good rates, even for very small amounts, that would be handier unless you are specifically going up into Torrie Town or Benalmádena. Opposite the Levante restaurant. The exchange rate is clearly displayed outside and that rate applies to any amount.

Huntingdon
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rubens Exchange

Thanks NSG.

I know the one you mean - but have never used it. I'm staying a bit further from La Carihuela this year (got a really good deal at the Riu Nautilus) but, apart from a few visits to Torrie, Arroyo & Malaga etc, I'll probably be spending most of my time in the village, as usual.

It looks like you're having some lovely weather at the moment. I'm getting worried that it wont last until I get there (18th) so please try & save some sunshine for me!!

Thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena