We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

Kingswinford
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

Hi,

Just wondered which area is better to go to for my stag weekend in early July. There will be approx 30 people (hopefully!). I've been looking at various websites and cant decide. Obviously, we'd be looking for the usual late night / early morning nightclubs, nice places to drink and eat during the day, also some sort of entertainment (waterpark etc).

If anyone knows of any hotels or apartments which would suit a stag weekend also then that would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

Benalmádena is probably the best, usually plenty of life at that time of the year around Plaza solymar ('24hr square') and Benalmádena Marina also has a wide variety of late night clubs etc. Big waterpark In Torremolinos, nearby, and Tivoli World funfair and cablecar etc. in Benalmádena itself.

Fuengirola is more 'family' in July, and a bit boring frankly.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,651 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

Dont listen to NSG............ Fuengirola far better in July for stag do`s LOL Only kidding, but do try & split your party up when booking, not many places want a large rowdy group in "family" season.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

Bemalmadena or Fuengirola? I'd flip a coin. So little in it. If you opt for Fuengirola, think about Hotel Las Palmeras. Right in the thick of things. Tell them you are golfers. Never fails!

Tony.

Surrey
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

Hi there,

Was just wondering how your trip went? I'm thinking of going to Benal next April for my stag do. Cheers.

Skip

Kingswinford
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

It went very well thanks Skip.

We went in July just before the main holidays and it was busy enough but not packed, which is probably a good thing when you're on a stag weekend.

The square has about 7/8 bars and clubs which is where we ended up most nights after doing a tour of either some bars en route from our apartments, or going down to the marina, so theres plenty to do for a weekend. And there are all things that you might need to cater for a stag weekend. The beach area is very nice, big and long, a good place to go for an afternoon drink, not sure what it's like on a night though.

We didnt have any problems out there, most bars were accomodating to us and i'm pretty sure we all had a good time.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

I'm thinking of Benal for my do next May 2012. Were the prices decent in the square? What was the average for a beer and a vodka and mixer?

Was it relatively trouble free and was it busy. We would be there in early May. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

James

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

We did Benal this year and Fueng last year, I would say Benal is livlier, more bars.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,651 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

Beer from 1.€ up to 3.50€. bottles from a €. Spirits n Mixer around 4.5€ but many 2 for 1 offers around too.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

Brilliant, thanks! Benal it is! Just need a Sergio Tacchini tracksuit top now!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,651 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stag Weekend July 2011 - Benalmadena or Fuengirola

Dont forget your new white trainers too. LOL

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena