We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

Arriving Friday 4th March 2011 and we are hoping for some sun.

Will we be disappointed?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

Hi there

Unfortunately, we are not meteorologists (well at least i don't think so) so you're probably best off checking the Weather sticky at the top of this forum to give you an idea what it "could" be like.

However, early indications (they could change) are that from 5th onwards it's either showers or heavy rain which doesn't surprise me to be honest as we've just had a few weeks of the most gorgeous weather with temperatures into the mid 20's most days - unusually hot for February!

CB

Edited: 28 February 2011, 12:35
Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

T'is looking pretty grim though :( Let's hope it changes?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

The weekend's looking a bit rubbish, but that storm keeps on being pushed back a day so it may not appear at all.

Wonderful at the moment (not that that's much help...).

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

Does it help anyone who has not left home yet to be told it's going to be horrible weather ? Why would anyone want to ask ..... anyway what difference does it make if you're booked up?

Travelling tomorrow for 2 weeks , have just packed and now feel thoroughly depressed !

My own fault for looking in here I know !

Edited: 01 March 2011, 14:13
Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

Perhaps the Weather should be another fobidden category on TA guidelines - then posts could be instantly zapped to prevent depression (or gloating!).

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

<<The OP DID ask!

Should people lie? I think that would be far worse>>

No, I don't think you should lie ... just avoid responding maybe? .

I don't think people should ask actually...there's a sticky at the top to look at if you really ,really need to know?

I'm unpacking some of my clothes now .. I know, I know it's my own fault for looking .

We delayed our holiday this time as we've experienced some really bad wet and windy February weather ... and ....some wonderful tho .

Looks like we're going to be unlucky this time.....and it's blue skies and sunny here .

Edited: 01 March 2011, 14:31
North West England...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

I see quite a few topics which have never had a response ..... not particularly in this forum.

I just can't see how it does anyone any good to ask if they're going to be disappointed with the weather?

Kind of a dampener before you set off ?

I've just taken some lighter things out of the case and replaced with other items .

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

I don't think it's going to be that bad you know, tormenta probably on Friday but otherwise the sun is high enough for plenty of warmth if you are out of the wind.

Lots of people out and about in shorts today, just remember that it's gone back to being nippy in the evenings.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

Blimey, talk about hoo harrr!!

The OP asked the question, which is after all what this forum thing is all about - you ask questions we answer them - simple.

If they don't like the responses then they don't have to take any notice of them.

It's nobody's place to tell them what they should or shouldn't ask unless it violates the guidelines. YES, there is a weather sticky but some people don't see it for whatever reason.

I responded with the facts i had at the time, which could be disputed depending on the source of information.

AND, as i pointed out, i am not aware that any of us are meteorologists, so it's hard for us to predict.

Whether you like the fact it's possible the weather is going to be horrible or not is irrelevant - don't book in February/March - book May - September!!

I just fail to see what was achieved by this troll like behaviour in these previous posts!!

Ridiculous puerile behaviour IMO!!

CB

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather from 4th--11th March 2011

I don' t mind nippy, have been in January in fact when it's been like it is here at the moment , NW / UK..... allover sunny and blue skies.

It's that torrential rain that's not welcome..... but I know you need the rain there .

As said I don't know why people ask if they're going to be disappointed with the WEATHER ... not like asking about accomodation is it ?

Apologies for the rant ...LOL xx

Edited: 01 March 2011, 15:06
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena