We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How late to leave arriving at airport for return journey

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
How late to leave arriving at airport for return journey

Usually we are early birds and arrive quite early at the airport for our journey home.This time we only have hand luggage, so nothing to check in.

Our flight is at 10.45 a.m. Wondering what would be a good time to arrive at the airport. Would be good if we could have breakfast at the hotel before we left.

We are staying at the Hotel Villasol. Got a good deal through hotels 4 u. (fingers crossed no stag/hen parties staying while we are there)

I usually book an airport transfer, but they do tend to arrive earlier than arranged. Is there a taxi rank near the hotel???? May ask the hotel to call us a cab.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
303 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How late to leave arriving at airport for return journey

Hi.

If I had a flight at your time I would normally be getting a cab about 2 hours before(it's only about 20 mins to the resort). It's not far to the airport but it's best to have a bit of spare time in case of traffic jams , accidents etc. You will still have to go through security as well but they tend to be quite quick at Malaga Airport.

I would not bother with a transfer myself because you will have no trouble getting a cab, I would guess it will be about 26 Euros each way. I am sure the hotel would order one for you.

I too am looking at the Villasol so please let me know how your stay was.

Regards

Paul

Edited: 25 August 2011, 08:44
Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How late to leave arriving at airport for return journey

Thanks Paul. We are not off until end of October, so don't rely on a recommendation from me re Villasol, if you planning a hol before us.

Have checked out a private transfer with Hotelopia and is 20 euros each way.

cumbria
Level Contributor
568 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How late to leave arriving at airport for return journey

I would get a taxi up to benalmadena train station and get the train to the airport.Or you could walk up to the station, but its quite a steep hill

The station is actually in the airport itself. simples !!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,217 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How late to leave arriving at airport for return journey

There is a taxi rank just after the Triton on the sea front in front of Barclays bank or again str8 up past the hotel Bali but UP means UP a steep hill.

I would leave at 9am as 20 mins to airport, 20 mins thru scanners and 20 mins walk to your departure gate, leaves you 10 mins shopping and get in Q to board.

Deffo have breakfast anywhere but the airport.

scotland
Level Contributor
14,548 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How late to leave arriving at airport for return journey

I'd say 1 hr before your departure at check in would be spot on ,that way you just walk through and board ,so a 9am departure fro m your hotel using a taxi will be ample (as above), and if you were going by train I'd be at the station at 9am ,give or take a few mins depending on the train times .

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How late to leave arriving at airport for return journey

Thanks for your advice ab2. Will be using a taxi so 9 a.m.departure from the hotel sounds sensible , will also give us chance to have breakfast before we leave!!

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How late to leave arriving at airport for return journey

Friends of ours cut it too fine one evening and found their Liverpool easyJet flight had closed minutes before they arrived at Malaga airport.

The only seats available on a flight back to the UK that evening were an a Bristol flight. Their taxi fare from Bristol to Liverpool cost them £124 !

8. Re: How late to leave arriving at airport for return journey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 15:22
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena