We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Benalmadena

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Benalmadena

Hi guys!

My boyfriend and I will be staying in Benalmadena (vista de Rey hotel) on the weekend of Feb 17. We're wanting to get to Gibraltar for the day-- what's the best way to get there from here? Also, we're interested in doing a day trip to tangiers, but are not sure it's possible from where we're staying. Any tips would be appreciated :)

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,483 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Benalmadena

You are actually staying in Torremuelle, not sure what may be available locally. Your best bet I feel is to go into fuengirola by train you will find plenty of travel agents offering trips to these locations.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,920 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Benalmadena

The Vista De Rey is just behind the train station at Torremuelle, as Ian says, you will be better off travelling into Fuengirola and looking out for Maxy Travel for your trips, http://viajesmaxy.es/ . They generally pick up outside the bigger hotels, such as Florida Spa. Unfortunately for you the Vista De Rey is only really accessible by taxi if you stay out late evening as the last train leaves Fuengirola at 23.20 for Torremuelle.

There isnt much choice of bars/restaurants etc in Torremuelle itself. Fuengirola or Arroyo/Benalmadena in the opposite direction will give more choice.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Benalmadena

Haha.. Yeah should have looked more closely at the location of the hotel before booking, but it was a good deal so we took it. No big deal to travel further for our day trips. In terms of doing these things ourselves (I.e. getting ourselves to Gibraltar or tangiers by our own accord via trains buses or ferries). Do you know what our (cheapest) options are?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Benalmadena

Thanks for your replies by the way!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,920 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Benalmadena

The daytrip to Gib is around 16€ for the express journey. There is a bus service to La Linea (Spanish border) from Fuengirola but its a long journey with loads of stops along the way. I would stick with the tour. Dont "upgrade" to the tour inc a lunch in Gib, generally poor value/quality.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trips from Benalmadena

Excellent advice thus far, you could also have a look at this company:

www.costafrica.com/web/en/day-trips.html

However from what i gather, the day trip to Tangiers is too rush rush and sell sell with most companies so you might want to give that a miss or do an overnighter.

CB

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trips from Benalmadena

Thanks! I'll do some research!

Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trips from Benalmadena

From vista del rey you can walk into benalmadena. Walk down the hill to the main road and turn left. Walk along the road, past sunset beach until you see macdonalds. There is a trip shop, called placitour, next to macdonalds. Here you can book a cheap trip and they will pick up from the bus stoo opp the bonita playa hotel, which is at the bottom of the hill from your hotrl.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,920 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trips from Benalmadena

Very true Sara, but its a 3 mile walk, rather than a 8 min train ride into Fuengirola.

Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trips from Benalmadena

Its a lovely walk along the coast or you can catch the bus on the main road

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations