We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
579 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

to Benalmadena? rough cost please if anyone has any ideas

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
666 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

Hi - Benalmadena (Costa) is approximately 12 miles from the airport - about 20 minutes away by car at the most. There is supposed to be a standard tariff for licensed taxis which is around €15-€20 I think depending on whether it is daytime or overnight, but having said that there are many stories of people having to pay more. There are taxi ranks right outside arrivals, but a popular alternative is to use somebody like Shuttle Direct (www.shuttledirect.com) who will meet you in the arrivals hall. You will pay more for this (about €12-€14 per person) but it can be pre-booked online and avoids any uncertainty.

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

I can't remember how much a taxi cost but it wan't too much,and the journey time is about 15 minutes.Have your address written down in case the driver isn't sure of your accent.The last time we went I pronounced the street name wrongly and the driver was taking us somewhere else,luckily we knew where we were going and were able to tell him.

malaga spain
Level Contributor
561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

Hi

It depends on where abouts your going in Benalmadena, if say your going around the marina area its around 18-20 euros, if you want the paloma park its around 20-22, a few euros more for sunset beach, Torrequebrada is around 25 and then Torremuelle is around 26, dont forget it depends on driver and how many cases youve got, always ask before you get in

Scotland
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

Everytime i have got a taxi from the airport to benalmadena it has been 20 euros. They shudnt charge u anymore than that. Saying that, if u dont wanna pay that amount, when u walk out the airport there is a train station and u can get the train for 1 euro which will take u to benalmadena, arroyo de la miel.

PAW
Banbury
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

Hi misscalder,

Totally agree with Phil about shuttledirect.

Stirling, Scotland
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

Just back from Benalmadena, it is 25 Euros from Benalmadena to the airport. It is about 17km

PAW
Banbury
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

Hi misscalder,

Just looked at the bank statement and it cost us £33 return from Malaga to Benalmadena with shuttledirect. I think that compares very favourably with airport taxis.

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

The official Malaga Airport website currently says daytime taxi fare to Benalmadena Costa should be 14 euros. But when I suggested that to a taxi driver on the rank at the airport last week he just laughed and said "20 euros -and I don't haggle". On the return journey I was charged 19 euros (taxi booked by my hotel). Somebody should tell the airport website to get updated - or they should impose the 14 euros fare on all drivers. A word of caution re Shuttledirect (and similar pre-booking companies): their shuttle mini-coaches usually leave on the hour - so if you come through customs at five past, and just miss one, you've got a long wait.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

Hi Beet7hoven. You are quite right about the official fare to Benalmadena from the airport being 14 euros (14.76 to be exact) but be aware that is to the very boundary of the resort(14 kilometres)and every km after that is charged at 42 cents on the mimimum tariff and more after 22.00, Sundays and holidays.

This link may help others in establishing taxi fares to other resorts.

benalforum.proboards12.com/index.cgi…

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how far is it in a taxi from Malaga airport

Thanks, Tony, that's useful. But just proves I was ripped off being charged 20 euro. The boundary of Benalmadena, if memory serves, is very close to the Marina (walking, you quickly pass the 'Welcome to Torrmolinos' sign. From there it is two kilometres, at most, to where I was staying (Hotel Villasol). Just confirms need to be very firm with taxi drivers -- show your knowledge of official rates. Maybe take a print-out of the rates.