We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel for young couple?

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel for young couple?

Hi, it will be my First time travelling to Benalmadena in late May. We are a young couple early 20's. looking for a central location. After much research I am down to a short list between MS Alay apartments, Siroco or Bali Hotel. Would like to be near nice restaurants and nightlife with a nice pool area as not a huge fan of the beach. any advice appreciated :-) thanks.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel for young couple?

There are loads of nice restaurants within 10 mins walk of all 3 really. My choice would be Sirocco, but only cos Bali is full of kids.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel for young couple?

Thanks for your reply. Ya it seems Bali is very child-friendly! Not what we are after really!! With regards to Doramar or MS Alay apartments which would be better?

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel for young couple?

Doramar get a lot of single sex parties in on stag and hen do`s. They are str8 opposite Sirocco so not bad location wise. Alay apts werent very good a few tears ago, but i havent read any recent reviews so dont really know these days. Last time we tried to stay there we turned up to find them shut. It was a february booking, but never found out why they took the booking. Ended up in a right dive in Torremolinos until we demanded a refund instead.

wales
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel for young couple?

Bali has shows every night in the summer months probably in may too.... may be not so many kids in May (unless its whitsun week) for you>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bonanza square 5 minute walk away for restaurants and marina about 15 min along prom..., im sure wherever you ll book you ll enjoy. A friend of mine stayed there last aug and her apartment had beautiful views of sea (it was quiet block not the one overlooking the entertainment). good luck with your choice.

dont forget arroyo and pueblo when your there!! beautiful views.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel for young couple?

Palia La Roca has a lovely pool area. Plenty of loungers on grassy areas.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel for young couple?

IrishLass, Hola Puerta Sol popular with lots of Irish but on the beach near the marina, better up the hill in the Bali, San Fermin or Siroco hotels, Bali has great outdoor shows on at night. Bonanaza Square great bars and the El Cordero restaurant does €11-50 set meal with free wine, lovely place and quick service. Raquels on the corner does great steak sandwiches for under €5 euros. Ibensa bar cheapest at €1 euro a beer, 2 minutes from Bonanaza Square. Mad Hass Irish owned down the main hill, great food and breakfasts just €3-50

All of these places walkable and the Bonanza Bar shows should be back on soon as it's closed at the momento. Markets are great, Palomas Park car park Wednesday mornings, flea market, the main Arroyo market a must to visit, every Friday morning, 9 to about 2pm, you get the ski lift to the mountains from here, €13-50 and €10 for kids and pensioners. Hope this helps from a Kildare man. I was there last week so this info is spot on.

7. Re: Which hotel for young couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena