We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most authentic Spanish restaurants and bars in Benalmadena

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Most authentic Spanish restaurants and bars in Benalmadena

Hi everyone!

Which are the most authentic Spanish bars and restaurants in Benalmadena? I'm thinking lots of yummy tapas and sangria :-)

Thanks!

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most authentic Spanish restaurants and bars in Benalmadena

Go to Arroyo de la Miel, there are loads of spanish tapas bars there.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,472 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most authentic Spanish restaurants and bars in Benalmadena

Not necessarily authentic, has it only opened a year or so ago but well worth a try, excellent tapas served free with all drinks http://bodegasnazari.com/

Tyrone, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
428 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most authentic Spanish restaurants and bars in Benalmadena

Bodegón Pajarete and Tu y Yo, both in Arroyo, get my vote!

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,793 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most authentic Spanish restaurants and bars in Benalmadena

My picks from last year were Bar El Torreon in the beautiful Spanish square Plaza Espana and Taberna Tita Yoli on Calle Agua just above the station.

Absolutely how authentic they are I'm not sure but the tapas food was delicious and the atmosphere was lively but relaxed and friendly.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most authentic Spanish restaurants and bars in Benalmadena

We enjoy going to El Refugio, Avenida Terramar Alto, under Edificio Cielomar (Wedding Cake), where the owner, Parviz originally from Persia has just celebrated 25 years in business. Nothing is too much trouble for him, he is married to a lovely Spanish lady and has four stunning daughters who have helped and help in the business. He works so hard to please all his customers and the food is served fresh every day, and if there is something you want doing specially he will try his best. My wife's sister did not like sea food and he did her a chicken paella which she thoroughly enjoyed!

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,793 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most authentic Spanish restaurants and bars in Benalmadena

You had me at four stunning daughters...

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,810 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Most authentic Spanish restaurants and bars in Benalmadena

Totally agree that Arroyo the place to go.

However, on another day, a visit to Torremolinos to visit its vast range of tapas bars well worth a lunch time.

Buenapata opposite Cervantes hotel has just won the award for the best tapas in Torremolinos, Gran Vino's in plaza san migual won the award for most creative tapas and Que Bueno was second in the most authentic taps bar and second in the best overall service. Over 10,000 people took part in the voting, I voted for buenapata and Que Bueno in the respective classes and obviously hundreds agreed with me.

All within a short walk in the centre.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,793 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Most authentic Spanish restaurants and bars in Benalmadena

Can I have some fun? But it's just a giggle:

Ian, you may like Que Bueno and Buenapata, it's why you voted for them, but how about telling us the two restaurants that beat them into second place?

:)

9. Re: Most authentic Spanish restaurants and bars in Benalmadena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena