We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre Loaded Det Cards

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
76 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Pre Loaded Det Cards

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me what charges are levied on pre loaded debit cards when used at a cash point, as we intend on using one this time

Thanks

Andy

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre Loaded Det Cards

I use a Caxton fx preloaded Eurocard. No charge .

Edited: 08 July 2013, 20:33
A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre Loaded Det Cards

Absolutely no fees with a CaxtonFX Euro card as long as you use it within the Euro zone. If you use it anywhere else (UK for example) there will be a fee.

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre Loaded Det Cards

Beaten by a whisker !!!

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
76 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre Loaded Det Cards

Hi Guys

Where do I get one of these from, I was going to use one from a travel agent

Thanks

Andy

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,988 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre Loaded Det Cards

https://www.caxtonfx.com/

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre Loaded Det Cards

don't forget fairfx. It charges 1.50e for whatever withdrawal you make from an atm, so if you make a big withdrawal its still the same. Theres no charge for paying with your card. The two best on the market appear to be fairfx and caxtonfx, according to moneysavingexpert.com, which having researched myself, found this to be the case for the euro cards. Theyre chip and pin and very easy to use.

They both battle for first and second place, and regularly one will be the favourite for a period before the other before the other then becomes favourite.

theres pros and cons for both, but the difference is slight so I don't think it really matters. I favour fairfx and have just got mine through, with an extra family card. I chose it because they had the best exchange rate, but we are only talking pence. check out the moneysaving website for reviews.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre Loaded Det Cards

I've got a Fairfx card, its rates are generally good and they have special offers throughout the year. I've loaded my card up over the past year and rates varying from €1.12 to €1.25 to the pound - although its now nearer €1.15.

8. Re: Pre Loaded Det Cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 05:18