We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guitar Case as hand luggage

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Guitar Case as hand luggage

Can i take my guitar as jand luggage as long as it is under 5kg and i dont have any other hand luggage? I am flying with monarch and really want to take my guitar

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,435 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guitar Case as hand luggage

I don`t think the shape matters but there will be size restrictions to follow.

There will proberbly be a measuring cage and if your bag won`t fit you won`t be allowed.

Guitar cases are , I believe , quite large and unless it is a miniture guitar I imagine it will be too large.

Graham

bolton uk
Level Contributor
410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guitar Case as hand luggage

can I travel with my musical instrument?

If you wish to take your musical instrument onboard the aircraft for storage in the overhead locker, it can be carried as hand baggage, but not in addition to your standard hand-baggage allowance. You must ensure that it complies with our weight and size restrictions for hand baggage – explained within our hand-baggage guidelines and your instrument should be safely housed in its own carry case.

Larger instruments may be transported in the hold of the aircraft in a suitable case – excess charges and baggage fees may apply. Alternatively, you may purchase an extra seat for your musical instrument, provided it fits comfortably into the dimensions of a single, standard aircraft seat and can be strapped in using a normal seatbelt. For further information regarding carriage of musical instruments please contact one of our reservations team. Additional seats for musical instruments will need to be purchased via reservations or your tour operator – pre booked seat fees may apply.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,141 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guitar Case as hand luggage

Glen, welcome to TripAdvisor.

I almost certainly know the answer to your question is no as all cabin baggage has to conform to certain dimensions. Guitars don't. It's going to be that simple.

However, I'm not the guy to ask and nor are any other members of TripAdvisor unless one happens to also be a customer service person at Monarch.

You need to contact Monarch.

Or, assuming torreboys' cut and paste is from the Monarch website, take that as your no.

If you're still not convince then you definitely need to contact Monarch.

Midlands
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guitar Case as hand luggage

Just happen to have the hand baggage dimensions for Monarch. They must not exceed 56cmx45cmx25cm including handles and wheels and weigh less than 10kg.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guitar Case as hand luggage

Can remember Matchroom many years ago holding a tournament in Marbella, all the snooker stars booked another seat for their cue's. Spent most of the flight keeping Steve Davis cue out of my lap.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,141 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guitar Case as hand luggage

Makes sense. Stephen Hendry won countless titles, a whole career's worth, with one cue. Checked it in to an airline hold once and... it got smashed.

7. Re: Guitar Case as hand luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena