We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarkets

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
north wales
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Topic
supermarkets

hi got holiday booked for aug/sept.we will be staying at acuario.apartments i beleive its on Calle de Luis Vives.was just wondering what is the closest supermarket there to get essential when we arrive also what is cheapest supermarket to use when were there?what are prices of food,drink and cans of larger in supermarket is it alot cheaper than uk?

north wales
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: supermarkets

Would anyone be able help with this please.any info be much appreciated

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: supermarkets

Mercadona your best bet, have done a map for you to show you how to get there walking from your apartment road: http://goo.gl/maps/Czgth

Open 9am to 9.30pm Monday to Saturday. Yes, cheap lager, food etc all available there, try not to be lured by English "known" brands of course as they'll be expensive usually :)

north wales
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: supermarkets

Cheers for that yh we allways just go for local branded stuff on holiday as a lot cheaper than english brands,

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,884 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: supermarkets

You have a Lidl a short bus ride away, which we find as competitive in price as their u.k. outlets. You can get a local bus which stops nearly across from the Lidl and then walk upto 24hr square for the return or taxi.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,586 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: supermarkets

The "Mas" supermarket underneath the Church on Av Bonanza is closest to Acuario and not much more expensive than Mercadona.

Theres also Supersol on Ave Constitution towards the El Pinillo end. Again quite close to Acuario.

Edited: 31 January 2014, 13:56
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: supermarkets

Having shopped in Mas on a few occasions (when i've had no option) I would definitely venture that bit further to Mercadona, for your main shop, however just for "essentials" it would do for sure. They never seem to have anything in Mas, so depending on when you arrive you "may" be lucky with nice bread etc..... but the service is shocking, the staff are scruffily dressed, surly and all look like they need a good wash (especially the Manager) - it's no wonder the place is usually very quiet!!

north wales
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: supermarkets

Thanks for all info you been great help.

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: supermarkets

I shop at MAS several times a week and I have never experienced any of the negative claims made in post #6 above.

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: supermarkets

Under the Minerva apartments is an off license of sorts. When we were over last summer the drink/lager was very cheap in there.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: supermarkets

You're welcome Mark, if you need any further help, feel free to post back.

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena