We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife + things to do

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife + things to do

I'm heading to benalmadena in September with my bf. I was wondering what the nightlife is like at this time in the season. Also any other suggestions of things to do would be great. And what will the temp be

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife + things to do

Hi Ronia

What kind of nightlife are you looking for? Bars, clubs, live music?

All three are available in Benalmadena.

For bars and clubs you have two main areas - 24 hour square (known locally as Plaza Solymar) and also you have the Marina (a bit more expensive and civilised if you like) !!

For live venues you have Jordana's Showbar (formerly Bonanza Bar) you have Rob Stevens Manhattans (formerly Bunny's) you have the Elefante and you have Capones.... all will have karaoke and live acts and all dotted around the Bonanza Square region (a few mins walk in either direction and easy to find)

What kind of things do you like to do in the daytime/evening? There are plenty of activities and places to go depending on your interests - a good list is here: tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g562812-Activi…

The weather in September is pretty perfect - hot enough to sunbathe in the day and the horrid heat of the evenings starts to subside so it's nice to wander around in light clothing, t shirts and shorts or jeans in the evening and still feel comfortable.

Belfast, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife + things to do

Thanks for posting! Weather sounds perfect, I was worried that we might not get a tan. Well were both in our 20's so the square sounds like it has a bit of everything. :) as long as the prices are reasonable ? I was also looking at the ice bar in Malaga would that be worth the trip.?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife + things to do

There is an Ice Bar in Benalmadena called Boals - it's down in the Marina, just look out for the giant polar bear :) Yeh, it's good fun, quirky, good for a quick drink, shot, the experience etc!

The 24 hour square will suit you then by the sounds of it. Doesn't get going til Midnight and usually starts winding down around 5am ish, some stay open til 7am (Mango's)!

Prices are good, if you get there before Midnight then you'll get the PR's offering you this and that... most will offer 2-4-1 on spirits/mixers @ €6 with a free shot of some weak nonsense lol - but the measures are a lot bigger than the UK so effectively you'll be getting around 5 measures and 2 mixers for that price - cheap as chips.

Some places in the Marina are more expensive but of course you're paying for the location which makes sense, but worth one night out down there for sure, plenty of shops and great restaurants too!

If you don't like it too mad avoid Saturday nights, it's when they all come out to play :)

glasgow
Level Contributor
611 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife + things to do

Me my oh and 9yo daughter are off in july could any1 tell me if kids are allowed in the showbars for the live acts plz

Thanks

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,589 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife + things to do

Not sure they are in Manhattans but no problem with the others mentioned above. Manhattans have a door charge of 5€ so check if kids are allowed before reserving tickets.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife + things to do

If they are well behaved and there is not an adult show on then yes, I believe so.

Always worth checking with them before hand, they all have Facebook profiles if you're one of the billion users :)

glasgow
Level Contributor
611 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife + things to do

al get the missus to check before hand

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightlife + things to do

the ice bar is pretty much the size of a shed - good once but that's it

9. Re: Nightlife + things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:24