We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

Ireland
Level Contributor
248 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

Hi my family and I were in Benalmadena last year and stayed at Palia la Roca. This year we have opted for Sol Timor which is just on the Torremolinos side if Puerto Marina. We wanted to be closer to the marina. We loved dining on Benalmadena promenade so much choice, I'm just wondering is the promenade from Sol Timor walking left towards Torremolinos as nice and have as many good restaurants as the Benal prom?

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Sol Timor by Melia - Apartamentos
Sol Timor by Melia...
1,828 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Benalmadena Puerto Marina
Benalmadena Puerto Marina
6,893 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

Hi there

In short, yes it does, but it's a lot more European, i.e. Spanish, Dutch etc with not as many Brit type places, and of course you have all the Chiringuitos to choose from as well....

It really depends what kind of vibe you like as to which will suit you best.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

Timor Sol is on a great location, you'll find some very nice chiringuitos (beach cafe/bars) all the way along to La Carihuela. The Hotel is very popular with Irish tourists.

There are also many nice restaurants along the paseo too.

I like it as it is flat, and easy on my feet.

Mentioned in this post
La Carihuela
La Carihuela
2,970 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
Ireland
Level Contributor
248 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

Thanks folks. I should have said, we love to eat paella, fish, italian, tapas sounds like I'll get what I'm after in abundance! Loved to walk around the marina but I prefer to eat somewhere less swanky and more homely. Also loved fountain square in arroyo for the more traditional spanish feel...anywhere like that in la carihuela?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

You will LOVE Carihuela then, it has everything you can want and more. Pedestrianised streets with cafe's, restaurants a plenty, many serving tapas, and the Chiringuito's as I say, you can smell the Sardinas as they're being cooked over the hulls of the boats.... it's enough to live off the smell in that place - !!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
248 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

How long approx will it take to stroll to the streets of la carihuela from sol timor along the promenade? Thanks for the info we can't wait to explore another part of the area now!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

Depending on how slow/fast you walk, from Timor Sol to La Carihuela give yourselves twenty minutes. You may, however, feel pulled towards many of the chiringuitos, so give yourself more time.

We love strolling along, we like to call down quite regular. Members of of family used to live there, but they've had to upsize due to a recent new addition, and we were down three to four times a week. We prefer the sand on the beaches there too, it's more "sandy" and softer.

The atmosphere is very relaxed and it's interesting wandering round some of the narrow streets.

Do you have children in your party? There's swings and slides on the beach and a few amusements and mini golf too.

If you loved Benalmádena, you'll fall in love with La Carihuela!

Mentioned in this post
La Carihuela
La Carihuela
2,970 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
Ireland
Level Contributor
248 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

Our little girl will be 2.5 when we go, last year she was brilliant hoping she will be as good this year. She loved walking on the promenade with us in the evening and then we could pop her in the buggy when she got tired. So glad I put this post up, I'm so excited now to explore the area!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

She will love it, and of course paddling in the sea too!

You can hire sunbeds where the guys at the bar will bring drinks to you, so you'll be able to be waited on, feel relaxed, your daughter will have immense fun ;-)

I'm excited for you.

See you're from Ireland, we love it there too!

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Ireland
Level Contributor
248 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

Thanks very much for your help ccrystal!!! Glad you enjoy Ireland too, a beautiful country with lots to see, I've seen most of it now though so time to look elsewhere.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,811 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Benalmadena promenade versus la carihuela promenade

Great italian tapax bar 3 doors down fron hotel Pedro, italian wine very good, I say that az a Rioja fan. As thd carihuela free of traffic great for youngsters.

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena