We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving tomorrow - Holiday Polynesia

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
208 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving tomorrow - Holiday Polynesia

We leave very early tomorrow for a much needed Easter break... We booked the flights and accommodation indapendantly and after reading all the dreadful reviews about this hotel our excitement has turned to dread.

We are travelling with a 15 month old and a 7 year old... So we chose this hotel as they would both need occupying.

I hope it isn't as bad as all the recent reviews are portraying but I very much suspect it is :(

Wish us luck.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving tomorrow - Holiday Polynesia

Hope you have a great time - look at all the reviews, not just some of them and you'll get a better perspective.

Many reviews complain about the train track and the location of the place, yet if they'd done their research before hand then they would have know about both.

The information is out there, it's just some don't bother with doing the ground work before dishing out their money - you wouldn't go and buy a car without test driving it or checking it was OK and would do the job you wanted it for, why should a holiday be any different?

I am sure you'll have fun, and the kids especially. The pools are great, and everything is there.

It would be great if you got a mo on your return if you popped in here and let us know how it all went :)

England
Level Contributor
208 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving tomorrow - Holiday Polynesia

Thanks MKB,

We are 100% aware of the location, that it's on a hill, that there are no bars/shops/ restaurants near. Not bothered about the train either.

We are all inclusive and just want a week of sun and relaxation on resort, we don't intend on leaving... As long as the food is reasonable then that's fine, we're not expecting a gastronomal tour of Spain!!

The reviews were ok when we booked a few months ago... Recently it's a bad one after a bad one...

I'm not confidant I have to say... Will review upon my return :)

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving tomorrow - Holiday Polynesia

Harmon, you've done a lot of research, I'm sure you'll be ok.

Many people love to complain, but instead of making their complaint direct at the point of issue, wait until they get home and do the complaining then!

There's a lot for the young ones to do at the Hotel, I do hope you have a great time.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving tomorrow - Holiday Polynesia

Harmon, although you're doing AI, I'd encourage you to have a wee wander, Benalmadena has so much to see and do, and doesn't have to cost much (if anything). I'm sure your children will love Paloma Park, looking out for rabbits, ducks, turtles and other animals. There's also a couple of play parks suitable for both your children.

The food is quite nice at the Hotel, but like you say it won't be gastronomical, but nice and sufficient.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving tomorrow - Holiday Polynesia

Don't worry, it is a lovely hotel. We only stayed self catering, so not sure about the food, but it looked OK. The hotel itself is very impressive, it is huge, and plenty for the kids to do.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving tomorrow - Holiday Polynesia

To be honest if you've got a young one and a 7 year old you'll have everything there, there will be no point in lugging them and "stuff" about even to have a wander because there is really nothing to see.

If it's just a short break and you want to relax and enjoy your time then catch some rays, the kids will no doubt spend most of the day splish splashing about and all that food and snacks....!! Heaven :)

If however you do return for a longer stay, especially when the kids are a bit older then there's so much to do, but for now you should be just fine :)

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving tomorrow - Holiday Polynesia

I agree with MKB. Don't worry about the reviews, there are many people who enjoy it there. You don't particularly want to travel, just to chill out there, so as long as the weather is reasonable - which it should be, you'll be fine. Just remember that people are quick to complain but don't bother if things go well!

Leeds, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving tomorrow - Holiday Polynesia

Hello..

My son is working over there as a football acadamy coach at the holiday village.

He is actually staying at the hotel polynesia which is part of the holiday village.

He has nothing but good to say about this hotel.

Say hi to him and get your little cherubs into his footy club there. His name is Sam.

Have a lovely holiday.

9. Re: Leaving tomorrow - Holiday Polynesia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena