We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lincolnshire
Level Contributor
80 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfers

Hi, has anyone used Resort Hoppa for transfers to and from Malaga airport please?

Any advise as to whether to use them or not. Going to Bemalmadena.Thanks

Edited: 23 April 2014, 21:03
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

Hi there

They seem to get good reviews, but then so do many others... just want to check though that you do definitely want or need to book/pay for a transfer, because some people think they do and end up paying more money than they actually need to when it's very easy and quick to use public transport and costs them very little :)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
291 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers

Hi, I have found Travel Republic to be the cheapest so might be worth checking it out.

You can get the train from right at the airport for 2 euro one way. I usually then walk to the hotel but obviously will depend how much luggage you have.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
80 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers

I am travelling on my own and my flight arrives quite late or I would take the train, not so happy to do this on my own at night though.

My thoughts were that a transfer would be safer for me.

Thank you, I will check out Travel Republic also.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers

A taxi fare from Malaga airport to Benalmadena us approx €25 depending where you are staying.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,046 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers

I have booked ResortHoppa to do the airport to Nerja on a dedicated run.

I have heard negitive comments on the shuttle service, you can be made to wait for passengers from other flights which can result in waits, this is why we have gone for the dedicated service.

Frankly for a local run taking 20 minutes to Benalmadena, I would take a rank taxi and be sat in my hotel, rather then waiting for the shuttle to set off.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
80 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfers

Thanks all.

Perhaps a taxi is the answer

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfers

Hi I think most of the transfer agents use the same shuttles buses. If it's one of these you want they're safe and helpful but be prepared to wait a while at the airport. We waited an hour and a half to set off. Landed at 9pm eventually left airport at 10:40 because they wait for so many flights to land first. Going back they picked us up at 5:15pm for our 9:35pm flight!!! Despite that the driver was helpful but I'd definately get a taxi or train next time

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
80 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfers

What a wait!

Thanks for the tip

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
333 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfers

A taxi with Sun Transfers is coming up at £40 return, literally just been looking now :) The trains are fab though, we got one to the airport quite late and no problems

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport transfers

Is there any 7 seater taxis as there are 5 of us travelling and we don't land till 9.30pm on a Sunday night so think the train is out the question?

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena