We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarettes

ireland
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cigarettes

Hi

can anyone tell me if cigarettes are the same price at the airport as in the shops in Benalmadena?

Thanks!

Edited: 11 May 2014, 12:39
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarettes

No, they are more expensive at the Airport. Buy them from the official Tabac Shops... prices here:

http://www.spanish-tobacco-prices.com/

ireland
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarettes

great thanks!

ireland
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarettes

Hi

I'm trying to weigh up the cost of extra case vs buying cigs at the airport. Does anyone know roughly how much more expensive a carton is at the airport please?

Cheers

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,070 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarettes

There is a state Tabacco shop at the airport, prices are only higher in Duth Free by about 15 % on average

ireland
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigarettes

Thanks Ian. Think I will just book an extra bag

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigarettes

Do be aware that technically you need export paperwork if taking more than 800 cigarettes out of Spain, and that whilst this isn't ruthlessly enforced customs at AGP regularly do remove checked-in cases that are full of cigs.

ireland
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigarettes

I was going to bring about 8 cartons back. Should this be a problem? I thought 3200 was the limit.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigarettes

You should be OK with 8 cartons, it tends to be the people with large cases full that run into trouble.

3200 is a guideline, but Spain does have the specific extra regulation, ask at the Tabac for the relevant document and you'll be fine.

ireland
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigarettes

Thank you for the advice :)

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,077 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cigarettes

Although technically we can bring in as much as we like (within reason) for some things, I think the 3200 cigarettes guideline was superceded in 2011 by the 800 one as the Customs & Excise think 3200 cigarettes could be taken as being for more than one person. Here's a link to the list of allowances that you can bring back

hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/arrivingeu.htm

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena