We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair half term - Any experience?

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
334 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair half term - Any experience?

Hi all,

We're booked into Jupiter Apartments for 26th October - 2nd November (October half term). Does anybody happen to know if Ryanair or even Easyjet will lower the flight prices at all, or are we really paying £860 for flights for 4 people? :(

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair half term - Any experience?

That is what they do at half term.

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair half term - Any experience?

Unlikely as they fleece passengers at school holiday times.

Have to tried non-direct flights? I've flown Liverpool - Dublin with Ryanair, then Dublin - Malaga with Aer Lingus in the past. Total travel time was just under 6 hours but it was less than half the price of a direct one-way flight.

Edited: 25 May 2014, 14:53
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair half term - Any experience?

I've just looked and it came up at just over £1000 !!! Now of course I would never suggest being nawty, but I do know many that are booking and going a bit before, e.g., if you go 29th oct to 6th Nov it brings it right down to £380! Always a dodgy time as others have said, and nothing you can do about that sadly :(

If you do come to book try using another pc maybe at an internet cafe, have heard that because of the cookies that store the info on your pc the prices can go up once you start looking for the same flights etc....

Hope you get something sorted anyhow and it doesn't break the bank completely!!

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
334 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair half term - Any experience?

I know ''that's what they do at half term'', I expect it to be high, I simply asked if it will drop at all.

Unfortunately, I don't think I could cope with takeoff and landing twice in one day, I have full blown panic attacks just doing it once haha, and the little one isn't the most patient.

Looks like the best option will be to stay an extra three days, cut the cost by almost half (that includes extra rental price!) and risk a £60 fine because what's £60 compared to £400!!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair half term - Any experience?

Hey Kelly, yup, couldn't agree more.... were you looking over my shoulder as I was typin' ?? lol !!

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
334 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair half term - Any experience?

Yep, I know MKB, the difference is horrendous. And it's October for Christ's sake, it's not August when it's absolutely boiling! Haha

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair half term - Any experience?

You can often find a package holiday cheaper than flight-only. It's common for people to book them and not use the accommodation!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair half term - Any experience?

£860!!! This is about what we have paid for flights and accommodation .( 2 adults 1 child) 11 nights flying from Manchester Oct half term . Yes we are being a bit naughty as our little boy will miss 3 days of school when we return but like you and so many others say £60 is nothing compared to the hundreds that we are are all saving .

9. Re: Ryanair half term - Any experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 21:05
Edited: 25 May 2014, 21:05
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,732 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair half term - Any experience?

Hi Kelly, think you're doing the right thing by staying an extra few days, financially it makes sense. If you left if nearer to departure prices may come down, but you also stand the chance flights may be full too.

Glad to read you're coming back 😃

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena