We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

Are there any other Electrical retailers at Plaza Mayor? I have found Worten online, Carrefour stock TV`s and have a few online. Moreno Rivera in Fuengirola also have an online store. Anyone know any others to save my legs when out there later this month. Samsung stockists preferred.

Mentioned in this post
Fuengirola
Fuengirola
Costa del Sol, Spain
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

Have you thought about Sally's Place in Benalmádena?

Was in Carrefour, El Pinillo, Friday, they have a good Samsung selection.

Can't remember what else is at Plaza Mayor, sorry.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

Once of the best places for good deals is Media Mkt @ Malaga Station - cheapest for 3 things my friend wanted to buy, TV, Blu Ray etc ... Carrefour were RIDICULOUSLY expensive and stock old models but charge €700 more!! I did find a place online when I was looking for something a while back but can't for the life of me remember what it was called...

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

I thought Carrefour prices were very reasonable MKB, depends I suppose on what you're looking for. I've found their customer service good too, plus we get points on our Carrefour card too. Even better when they have a promotion on too!

I'm sure there will be retail outlets that could be cheaper in the area though.

MT, how about looking at Miramar? There's a good selection there.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

OK I think Carrefour train their staff to be rude and unhelpful and the last few things I have priced there , mainly food, seemed expensive. Wortens have a big, not online, store at Plaza Mayor. There is also an IKEA which stocks TVs but once you are on the train it is only another ten minutes to Malaga city. El Corte Ingles really does have excellent customer service and a wide choice, There is a Media Marky at Maria Zambrano station although I am not impressed with their prices and in the old town some small retailers like San Juan Bazaar.

We bought our TV from El Corte Ingles and it has been proved a good buy.They delivered it and set it up and didn't leave until they were really satisfied all was well. Had no trouble with it - a Phillips.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,539 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

Carrefour TV's in store and online are different.

I recently chose a model online and went to the store at Totalan to purchase it. They did not stock the model I required, only older ones. I ordered online and it was delivered in 3 days

Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

carrefour for electrical goods are very expensive,would leave them well alone

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

Thanks all. For the online bit i wanted to research prices/models etc without having to run between Miramar and Plaza Mayor etc. Only over for 3 days so wanted to source online pick up in store.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

Mediamarkt do have an online presence and state home delivery and nstore pickup on tv`s. Prices look competitive too on the model(s) i have been looking at. Now 3D or not Grrrrr! Thanks tho.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

3D never really took off MT so I wouldn't worry about that, 4K seems to be the way forward (presuming it's for you and not for the rental) - if it's for that then just a basic LED will do, and they're cheap as chips now! I saw a Sammy 32" the other day, Full HD, LED for £189!!!

However it does depend on what you want to use it for. If it's for sports then you ideally want a plasma, OR an LED/LCD with a very high refresh rate but that usually comes at a price.

The every day HDTV i.e Sammy LCD/LED is cheap as chips as it plays every day TV with a good picture, but as I say if it's for sports and especially the World Cup then the last thing you want is lag/motion blur so something like the Panasonic for Plasma or LG !!

Good luck, it really is a minefield, I spent 8 months researching big screen TV's :)

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tv Stores at Plaza Mayor

Not going bigger than 40" it is for the rental, but dont do cheap as we charge a lot. (lol) 3d is about 50€ more than 2d.(although 3d glasses will be another thing to go wrong) Smart tv is the reason for upgrading TBH get rid of set top box for IPTV and create less confusion for guests. Wont be buying 4k until the price falls massively.

Decent Samsung around the 400€ area, comfortable with that. Better priced than in UK too.

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena