We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations

Hi we are staying at benalmadena palace from the12th of August until the19th and looking for some good restaurants, we don't mind walking so either near the hotel or anywhere within 40 mins walking distance, looking for god steak, fish and paella, any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations

3 from me then.

El Naranjo, La Taberna and Rodeo Steakhouse. All are close to the Windmills roundabout about 20mins walk from BP.

Head to the Windmills turn left inland 70m to ElNaranjo. Cross over the roundabout to the Traffic light controlled crossing, just behind the lights is Rodeo Steakhose, cheaper but better quality than the steakhoses in the marina. A little further on, 100m or so, La Taberna is a little set back off the footpath. This is a set menu for 3 course for around 15€. A la Carte also available.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations

I would second El Naranjo (The Orange Tree) - probably my favourite restaurant in Benal. Elegant yet not pretentious and not too basic either, just excellent food, tasty and not overboard on price.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations

If its a good steak you like I would say Rodeo Steak House, go hungry as the steaks are large.. We also use the other two mentioned in above posts, and food also good there..Enjoy your stay..x

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations

+ 1 for the suggestions above.

Also, if you don't mind going to Arroyo there are two Spanish restaurants that are very good and have authentic fish dishes.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1079250…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1079250…

Tyrone, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
435 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations

In arroyo de la miel, I would also recommend El Mirador.

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Thank you for all your info I will be visiting all the mentioned restaurants, just one more thing how far is selwo marina from the hotel

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,007 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendations

About a 10/15 minutes walk. Whilst you can cut across I would walk down to the main road, turn left and take the first left after hotel Las Arenas.

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Hi thanks for the info, we are here now and was wondering if there are any good bars and places to eat in bonanza square, thinking of going there tonight

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant recommendations

El Cordero is oft recommended. Giorgios a little higher up Ave Bonanza (opposite CJ`s Karaoke) is well regarded (although a little too cheesy for me) large portions and reasonably priced Italian.

Bonanza Bar is good for entertainment afterwards.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant recommendations

You have a few choices on Bonanza Square for places to eat;

El Karmen (Spanish)

El Cordero (Spanish)

La Cappricio (Italian)

Two Chinese restaurants

Bittos - English