We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

belfast
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

Hi

We (2 adults 1 child) are travelling to salou 28th Sept until 2 Oct we will staying in Avenida park apartments and we need some help and advice.

Our flight arrives in Barcelona airport @ approx 7pm Sunday 28th September so we need transport from airport to Avenida park. We know other postings are suggesting buses which will be great for us but we would like to have something booked and also reliable not to mention resonable price. Any advice? Would a taxi be really expensive?

We will be wanting to head to Port aventura for at least one day and the Craibe park for another then a day just chilling out and taking it easy, is there anyway to keep the cost of vists to each park to a minimum? We would be interested in buying tickets with days left on them if someone had them available and will be able to meet us on the evening of 28th or morning of 29th.

We are interested in taking a boat trip and ideally a glass bottom boat trip is there such a thing availble in Salou? Any other inside info to keep a 8 year old happy would be great.

If anyone could help us with any of our questions at all it would be great.

Thanks Teamdpc

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

Hi Teamdpc

Can't help you with tickets sorry just a bit info, the Caribe Waterpark will be shut when you arrive i think it closes on the 14th sept but anyway it will defo be shut when you get there, there is another park called the AQUOPOLIS you can look it up on net they do a sea lion show too.

We are also flying to Barcelona, I have looked into getting a taxi transfer and it would cost in the region of £170 - £200 for a return, which is very pricey, there is a lot of info on the Barcelona Aiport website, just search for their site on the net it gives you links to the train station's website and the Plana buses which will give you timetables etc..

They do have a glass boat tour, there is a helpful website Salou Uncovered www.salou.co.uk there is a link on their homepage for TOUCHDOWN TOURS their website has details of excursions available i'm not saying book with them but it will give you an idea on what's on offer to do. That website also has forums which might be helpful for you to read through. Hope this helps Gemma

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

Try getting a quote from Rob at Touchdown tours for your transfers, very reliable but will cost more than the bus.

www.touchdowntours.co.uk

I suggest buying your tickets for Portaventura online here before you go - try attractiontix or similar for some good offers. You'll have missed the Caribe park, so go for Aquapolis.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

Touchdown Tours is 145Euros EACH WAY that was the quote i got today, save you the bother ; )

belfast
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

Disappointed about Caribe being closed but I guess aquapolis will be good fun also.

I think we will just get the train or bus from the airport. Can anyone offer advice on how easy this is and any tips as I am finding the timetables that are on the websites a little bit confusing.

Thanks again

liverpool
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

usually the buses meet all ryan air or easy jet flights and take you to the nearset drop off point to your hotel not sure about tour op flights like thomas cook/thompson as most people usung these flights have some sort of transport layed on, they also pick you up to take you back ,the driver takes your details as you get on . ive not got the bus from gerona/ barcalona airport only reus and we just go now as we know there will be a bus there, it,s only costs us 9 euros return is it is gerona your flying into as ryan air has two airports barcalona/gerona which is a long way from salou or baccalona/reus which is 15 mins away check before you sort out transport a few people have come unstuck by not kowing which airport..if its reus your ok as the bus is always there and the taxis wont cost much + there is public transport as well.

Newtownards
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

just as tinks says if flying to Barcelona. My friend has once only though. I have only gone from Dublin as has my daughter, with no problems whatsoever. a bus meets all flights.arrangements for return made on boarding the bus. dont forget costa caribe closes 14th Oct but there is another in La Pineda which has sea lion and dolphin shows too. You might have to pay for the hire of you rubber rings!check out the exchange on this site for tickets into portaventura. otherwise thomas cook or thomson does a good deal at seven days for the price of three. and many post here say attractionix. Just love going to Portaventura.

belfast
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

Got sorted with Airport transfer with Jet2 which is also our carrier and will post to let everyone know how good or bad it is. Price for 3 people return was £120 which was the cheapest I could find on a sunday at out time of travel.

We are still on the hunt tho for portaventura tickets.

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
498 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

Do NOT, I repeat NOT go with Travel4You (part of la Perla tours). They gave us wrong info regarding where we would be picked up at the airport and then never turned up at our hotel, meaning we had to get a taxi costing 150 Euro to the airport.

We are going to be getting every last penny off them, but they have caused us extreme distress and anger regarding this. Stay away from them !!!

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
498 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

By the way, Bus Plana does single trips to Salou for under 15 Euro. Granted you may have to wait a little, but I'm sure that is the cheapest form of getting there...

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
498 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with airport tranfers and Port Aventura tickets share

Me again, sorry. It is "Transfers4You" who we dealt with. They really spoiled things for us.

Get answers to your questions about Salou