We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port aventura April 2010

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
315 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Port aventura April 2010

Hi I am trying to think of somewhere to go for April school break 2010.

Anyone know when the opening times will be announced for port aventura for this time and also if the actual theme park hotels will be open.

I know that the weather wont be great but is more something to do for my 4 year old that Im thinking. We have been to disneyland paris 3 times and i think we have done and seen it all so lookingg for something a wee bit different.

Anyone been to both port aventura and disney paris how do they compare ?

Is there enough for a 4 year old with a not very adventurous mum.

Thanks

Gaby

Ps Is the shops etc in salou open at this time of year ?

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port aventura April 2010

Portaventura park and the hotels open in mid March. The exact hours won't be up until the end of the month before, but would most likely be 10.00a.m to 6 or 7p.m at thaat time of year. The water rides won't be operating that early in the season and the PA hotels outdoor pools don't open until May.

There are lots of rides for young children but the majority of the big rides won't be suitable and height restrictions are strictly adhered to. If you aren't very adventurous yourself then there is still enough to occupy you.

The main season in Salou starts on May 1st so although a lot of shops and bars will be open, a lot of them will still be closed.

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
315 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port aventura April 2010

Any ideas what the weather a that time of year would be ?

Is there a lot in port aventura to do indoors if the weather was to turn bad ? Is there shows also or mostly rides.

Do alot of the rides close if raining / windy ? I have been to disneyland paris when it has been absoutely freezing and wet and i dont mind walking about in this weather or sitting watching a show if its like this but just want to make sure that there is enough to keep my son entertained.

Thanks

Gaby

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
56 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port aventura April 2010

Having been both Disney Paris and PA, for a child of only 4-5 years, Disney is probably better, however, if you want a change, consider Terra Mitica which is further down the coast near Benidorm.

PA has areas for the younger generation, however, its slowly becoming one of the 'big' players when it comes to rides and coasters.

Hope this helps.

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port aventura April 2010

Hi, we went to Cambrils for Easter in 2005 and 2006, the weather was beautiful, low to mid twenties. It was great. Portaventura is lovely, lots of shows, not so sure about rides for little ones as ours were young teens, but the park is beautiful and I think any child would love the wild west and China. Some of the water rides were very easy, even I enjoyed them. We liked it so much we're booked to go back next Easter.

5. Re: Port aventura April 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Salou
Recent Conversations