We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

live music

Birmingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
live music

hi, is there anywhere in Salou where we can find some live music, mainstream cover bands or jazz, blues

galway
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: live music

hi there golfa,,,,,,,i have vjust returned from salou tonight approx 1 hour ago, and was intending to add a thread titled " where is all the LIVE music ( musicians) in salou. ".........short answer would be there are none. I stayed at the golden port for 2 weeks..........none, popped along to avendia.....none, down the road to sol pirmided........none, across from there to jamie one ...... none.........went to cambrills to " best cambrills and best martim " and mmmm

o yeah...........none again. I am myself a musician from N ireland playing keyboard, and over the years always enjoyed listening and chatting where possible with others in salou...........Not this year............none.............I will finish with a sort of sad story about " live music "............in our hotel there was a night, just one night when the display said " LIVE music " at 10pm.......So the wife and I sat around to hear this night.........and quess what lol..........it was a DJ complete with loads of pre recorded music to use..........nothing live there lol, then he moaned sort of that no one was taking to the floor for a dance, and after approx 15 mins some did get up for a jive, to a rock and roll number......So that was good, but then guess what, the very next tune he got to play on the juke box, was a slow waltz type song, and yes the dancers who had been on that floor, left the floor................lol what a surprise.............that evening with the DJ got worse, but i will leave that for another time.............tired now after travelling and with a 7 hour flight delay................i accept this is no use to you, other than to say between 7 and 21 st may..........didnt see or hear live musicians at all..............then other people would say, may they will be around when the season starts....................i dont think so. cheers

harry

galway
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: live music

just to add to my post above to state that the absence of live music was also seen on the many bars on main roads and prominades in various parts of salou, and like earlier in cambrills , and with no notice boards of intention either

harry

Bedworth
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: live music

Hi When we have been in Salou in July and August we have seen live music in quite a few bars. Danny Boys, Christies, the Victoria and Queens in Cambrils all have live music and Zepplins in Salou have live bands. An Irish band called Sugar House Lane have played there for the last few years about 3 times a week and they are an excellent rock covers band. Maybe most of the live music is on in peak season.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: live music

I got back last Thursday night, our hotel had an Abba Tribute act, a 'kylie' act and the Robin Hood had the 'Blues Brothers', all live music acts.

not everyones taste, but then, no-one was paying to sit and watch them.

There are still some venues providing musicians with an audience, I guess you just have to keep your eyes open for the flyers.

Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: live music

Danny Boy has a live band now playing, very good they are too.

Salou, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: live music

The best live musice venue are Christys where there is live music every night a mixture of every thing and a really great atmosphere and also Charlies where there a resident band that plays rock and a mixture of other stuff too. Both very professional acts and normal drinks prices.

7. Re: live music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2010, 05:16