We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House of Illusions

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
House of Illusions

Hello,

Just booked for a week in El Paso on Portaventura all inc for 9th sept for a week woohoo really excited never been before!

Anyways I was wondering about the House of Illusions attraction...is it best to book online before arriving in Salou or is it usually ok to get a seat, not packed out or anything all the time? Would be for the late all inc drinks show not the dinner show.

Thanks in advance :D

Reigate, Surrey.
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House of Illusions

Hi

Sorry I can't answer this but wanted to say thanks for bringing House of Illusions to my attention! We're off to El Paso on 3rd Sept and apart from the park itself we've not really thought about other entertainment. This sounds good, although the website is a tad flaky!

Got any more places to suggest, Purplified?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House of Illusions

I know the websites super dodgy lookin thats why I didnt really wanna book on it lol.....though did notice thompson sell excursions and things and also sell the house of illusion tickets....along with that they do catamaran trips with food and drink or without and some jeep safari, they also have barcelona trips and things....here's their website:

thomsonexcursions.co.uk/search-excursions/ES…

I have also heard of some downhill cycling thing not sure of the name because im not interested in cycling on my holidays :)

There's two more water parks aqualeno and aquapolis....I think they should both still be open when you are there, one of them has a dolphin show and the other is a safari and waterpark not sure prices or anything but if you search for them in google you should find the websites no probs :)

Been looking around for night life to and apparently the Rose and Crown bar is good if you want to play bingo or do pub quizes and things and 007 nightclub is supposed to be awesome....if your into proper clubbing theres a pacha nightclub somewhere as well :)

Hope this all helps I have been researching a lot I can't help myself when goin on holidays

Reigate, Surrey.
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House of Illusions

Useful stuff thanks - I'm way too old for clubbing, although my kids will appreciate your advice :-)

We've stayed at Estival Park in La Pineda a few times but not really gone anywhere apart from the immediate vicinity, PA & Aquapolis.

I think I'll google 007 nightclub, and since my post to you, I've read about somewhere in Salou called Charlie Chaplins which had live music?

By the way, I did read on here (I think) they've built a shopping mall adjacent to El Paso Hotel. The Google Earth image shows it undeveloped still, and it does sound a bit unlikely. But it would be handy if it does exist. Maybe I dreamed it??? Lol.

Anyway have a great time and thanks for the link. I'll try it now...

Andy

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House of Illusions

So long as someone appreciates it then its all good lol :)

Im looking forward to going big time love going to new places!! at least you have a bit of a club since you have been before...is aquapolis any good?

Yea I read about charlie chaplins as well it sounds quite good actually just forget the names of half the places cuz I have read so much in the past few days....theres some guiness place forget the name but the food supposed to be excellent think its number one on the restaurant list on here.

Oh a shopping mall close by would be great especially if its a proper mall and not just food not sure if the hubby would agree though more shopping haha.

Hope you all have a fab time sure let me know how you get on and if the mall does exist :)

Nice talking to you.

Gill

UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House of Illusions

Guinness Tavern is a great place great service and good food. .The mall is called Port Halley doesn't consist of many stores and unfortunately it doesn't look like they have a website to promote the mall, which would help bring more customers and more stores though they do have a decathlon and a Mercadona(Can be found in old town Salou, but they do have a cinema(Though probably just show Catalan/Spanish dubbed movies/Spanish/Catalan movies) and a bowling alley as well as restaurants. For shopping you are better off going to Tarragona for the new El Corte ingles and Parc Central a shopping mall.

PortAventura has a water park as part of the resort itself. Aqualeon is not near Salou and is over an hour away.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House of Illusions

Thanks sunshine thats some good information to know I appreciate it :)

Reigate, Surrey.
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: House of Illusions

Hi Gill

Well we thought Aquapolis was very good if a little busy. Very big we thought. Loads to slide down and a great wave pool thing which was surprisingly fun. Don't think you'll need to bother though as PA has its own waterpark that you'll get in for half price as a guest of El Paso, so you may as well cross the road and go in that! Although if you do go to Aquapolis, you cross the coast road outside of it and you're on the La Pineda beach which we quite liked. (Aquapolis is a stone's throw from ERstival Park where we stayed before).

Looks like you arrive the day before we go home, if you wanted to meet up for a de-brief on our experiences on Friday evening just shout. We're a party of 6 including my 3.5 yr old granddaughter! Gawd help us!

Thanks to Sunshine Expert too for the tips. Will try the Guinness Tavern. And thanks for confirming about the Mall. Doesn't sound all that exciting, but nice to know it exists. Bowling Alley may get a visit from us though...

Cheers both, Andy

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: House of Illusions

Oh well we stay with the PA one then save us a journey and some money to which always helps lol :) will have to check out that beach though some morning!

Thanks for the offer but knowing me and the hubby as soon as we are settled we will be on the all inclusive drink for the first night for a wee party session lol so wouldnt be in any sensible shape to meet up with anyone, goodness knows where we will end up. Thanks for the offer though we both really appreciate it!! Goodluck with having the wee one with you, she'll have a blast.

Thanks again, Gill

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: House of Illusions

hi they have a facebook page thats where im going to be booking my tickets,dont want to wait until im there then miss out,it sounds like a great night out free beer wine soft drinks fries and chicken.x

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: House of Illusions

just went onto that link thats great i will be booking it threw them.thanks.xx

Get answers to your questions about Salou