We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VillaMarina Club # 2?

London, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
VillaMarina Club # 2?

Seems so weird. I stayed there and it was really a very poor Butlins type Hotel. I don't know why it is so high in the charts.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VillaMarina Club # 2?

A lot of people love it. Maybe just not for you though? Just because it's high in the ratings doesn't mean it will suit everyone.

Hope you still had a good holiday though :)

Formby, United...
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VillaMarina Club # 2?

Whats wrong with Butlins i had some of the greatest holidays of my childhood there.

Were going to give Villa Marina a try in august and if your right and its like butlins My son will love it....

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,695 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VillaMarina Club # 2?

my sister stayed there in september and she loved it, she says it was her best holiday yet. But it is a big hotel and when full will be noisy day and night but it is a hotel that suits familys with children. My only concern would be its position not very central they do have a free bus to take you to the beach and its only a 15 min walk

Balloch, Scotland...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: VillaMarina Club # 2?

villa marina is without a doubt the best hotel i've ever stayed in, caters for everyone and the food and entertainment are all fantastic :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: VillaMarina Club # 2?

I think part of the reason its so popular is that it is great value for money. This has to be a huge consideration these days when planning a holiday.

Edited: 12 January 2012, 16:45
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VillaMarina Club # 2?

We paid £65 a night A.I. in October( 2 adults and 2 kids) for a 4 night stay and it was great value for money. Of the 3 places we stayed in October, our kids said that was their favourite! It wasn't ours due to the lack of a balcony and a bath that was half the size of a normal one. Also my wife took a bad sickness bug the day before we left as did a few others so beware of that.

The place was a bit grubby here and there but the entertainment team at this place were great got to say.

We have stayed at Villaromana, Dorada Palace, Portaventura, Golden Avenida, Sol Piramide and I would say the best for food was Villaromana/Portaventura Dorada Palace next but all these places charged a fair amount for drinks so you get what you pay for.

To sum it up if you have an iron gut, dont like baths and love butlins go for it!

7. Re: VillaMarina Club # 2?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2013, 10:17