We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time

cheshire
Level Contributor
84 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
first time

Hi we are going to salou 9/5/2012 two adults two children .going for the theme park mainly .

How much will a taxi be from Reus A/P to salou ?? and how much do you think the average meal will cost ,kids will prob eat burger , while i would like to try traditional spanish food .

We are all in but would like to go out one or two nights .

Thank you for any hints or tips you can offer Paula xx

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time

a taxi will cost 35 -40 euro each way. There is plenty of places to eat so you will have no problem finding somwhere. they have macdonalds and burgerking for the kids. Obviously price wise it can depend on what you have to eat but a main meal for my family of 5 was roughly 40 euro including drinks.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: first time

Bus Plana leave from outside the front door of the airport. Impossible to miss it.

About 11€ each return so you have there and back for the price of a single taxi journey roughly.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time

McDonalds on the sea front, same price as the UK.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first time

The theme park is great you will have a great time there. May is a good time to go as its not too busy apart from the weekends. Food is expensive in the park so try and bring a few snacks and drinks, its not really allowed but you will probably manage to bring in a small amount. Make sure you go and see some of the shows tin the park, they are really good and a great way of getting a rest or getting out of the sun if it is too hot.

You can get large refill drinks at certain kiosks, we usually but one or two between the five of us and fill it up when needed. It saves a bit of money if there are a few of you.

cheshire
Level Contributor
84 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time

Hi thanks for tip does the bus just go into ther centre of salou ?? im thinking if so would we have to get a taxi from there to hotel as we havent a clue where we are going...also does the bus start early as we fly home at 9.45 so would have to be at airport for bout 7.30 .

Thanks again paula xx

cheshire
Level Contributor
84 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time

thanks all for tips xx

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: first time

The bus drops you off at your hotel and arranges a nearby pickup point and time for you on your day of departure. Yes the bus starts early my friend got it for a 6:30 am flight last year as far as I know it runs to suit all flights. Personally speaking I think you would be as well off with a taxi they are widely available at the airport cost between 25/30 e eachway. You will be at your hotel within 15 mins of departing the airport. The bus will cost approx 40 e return for your family. it will take a good bit longer as it has to wait for everyone to board and do numerous drop offs, it is an excellent service though.

Not long for you to go now ye must be getting excited:)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time

When we were last in Salou in October, there was a lady at the taxi queue asking what hotel you were going to and giving you the price before you got in the taxi, which is welcome, as we have paid various amounts over the years.

We've never got the bus as we are impatient and you can be at your hotel within 25 minutes of hitting the runway if your bags come out quick.

Enjoy

south shields
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first time

Can taxi's take 6 adults, 3 cases and handbags?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first time

Keith I don,t believe they do but have been told they will. I just book a transfer going and a normal taxi for 6 going back. It takes the uncertainty out of it.