We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

destination experts?

greenock
Level Contributor
609 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
destination experts?

so where are the destination experts on here, posts on here can stand unanswered for days,,,thats why you put yourself forward for the position, to help ,,,

South Wales
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: destination experts?

As I understand it, Destination Experts are volunteers and help because they want to, not because they have too.

I have to say that on this board I haven't noticed things go unanswered, even if it's not by a Destination Expert.

Lots of things are searchable, and some things are just opinion, not fact i.e. which bars are best? or how much money should I take.

From my reading of boards, most destination experts steer clear from that type of question.

UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: destination experts?

I didn't put myself foward. hmfno1 does a great job in answering even though he isn't a DE he is to me and many others so you will get advice from many other people who knw the resort but more often or not it is hmfno1.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: destination experts?

Des dont put themselves forward they are nominated and give their free time as do other regular posters. This is done in the spirit of generosity to help other travellers. Common sense tells you that if a question is not answered then no one has a proper answer.

This is a great forum and I have always enjoyed contributing.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: destination experts?

So I just had a quick look (for the benefit of new posters who may read this thread and believe its content). In the last 10 days there has been 3 unanswered questions. One was from someone who is asking if anyone else has booked for 2013 I think I can safely say none of the DEs have booked for then yet and if one of our regular posters had I am sure they would have answered. The third post is entitled" two weeks four days to go" So is a little misleading many people may think its a statement rather than a question. I have no knowledge of this hotel and I certainly was not going to pretend I had to fill in a blank space.The third post was someone letting us know they had were just back from hotel magnolia and had a great time, no question to answer there.

It is not the role of a DE to take over the forum all contributions are greatly appreciated and if only DEs answer questions other posters may feel less inclined thinking it is only up to the DEs to answer.

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: destination experts?

You pipped me to the post with your reply crazeedaisy , I had just looked through the posts to see which posts were unanswered :) as I thought the OPs post a little unfair . As mentioned a lot of posts are more statements and observations and do not require a response as such , DEs are very generous with their knowledge and certainly do not need to answer every single post :)

regards Deedee

UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: destination experts?

Well answered crazee daisy you contribute more than me on this forum must be on about me haha.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: destination experts?

Sunshine I think hmfco puts us both to shame he is a walking encyclopedia on Salou!! Swan and Ian-janice have been DEs here for quiet some time and have a large number of posts to their names if thats not help I dont know what is :)

Deedee (thats same name I use on other forums) we Irish must think alike!!

Craigavon, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: destination experts?

I see the OP has used the Benidorm forum which is very busy and may believe this forum should be the same, but at times the Benidorm forum is more like Twitter then a travel forum lol I for one am very greatful to all the advice i get from the many helpful posters on Trip advisor and will also help out where i can. Thats what its here for after all....

G&L

greenock
Level Contributor
609 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: destination experts?

my question answered, why have DE when it is left to others to answer..so why volunteer?

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: destination experts?

Obviously you have ignored the answers we did not volunteer DEs so not want to take over a forum, the forum is there for everyone to post freely in. DEs do more than answer questions they add traveller questions and articles. It sounds as if you have a bit of the green eye monster!!

I have also noticed that questions you put forward were answered bu DEs your attitude is not very graciuos to say the least.

Edited: 30 April 2012, 16:31
Get answers to your questions about Salou