We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who uses hotel safe?

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
807 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Who uses hotel safe?

Been having a conversation with my friend, she never uses hotel safes, thinks the price is a rip off etc.... me I like the peace of mind etc... I don't have that much in cash, couple of £100 max, some euros and pounds, my debit card, passports and camera and watch.....it's not the money i worry abt so much as cards/passports etc...my friend locks her stuff in her suitcase. What do most ppl do? I have read reviews on TripA abt ppl getting robbed from their rooms, maybe not so good hotels?

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who uses hotel safe?

A locked suitcase will not deter a thief . You would have no peace of mind not having your valuables in a safe and you are not insured if you do not use a safe . Its worth every penny to hire a safe ,

regards Deedee

Glasgow
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who uses hotel safe?

i sent a private message to you but im considering taking a safe this year

i was ok with it being in suitcase but sometimes i was panicing incase someone got into it

Birmingham
Level Contributor
807 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who uses hotel safe?

Yes I agree for the peace of mind! Some ppl are made of hardy stuff though lol! My auntie never pays either for a safe! Got your message Cheekygirl.

Nelson, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Who uses hotel safe?

we had a safe in our room for passports etc .. we paid a deposit for key and got deposit back when returned the key.... we never had any problems with thefts in bedroom i would never leave valuables in suitcases . also left our suitcases open when left the room and nothing got taken .... we stayed at villa marina hotel salou......

Glasgow
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who uses hotel safe?

yeahh got your momofaz....i think a safe is a good idea but remember

my secret aswell momofaz :)

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who uses hotel safe?

I would never stay anywhere that never had a safe there is too much to lose 5 passports is 400 pound and thats not including the hassle of getting them replaced. An opportunistic thief will not break into a safe but will put the odd watch, phone, ipod, or cash in their pocket if it,s left in full view with no one around. If you found an i pad on the bus or at a bus stop and no one was looking what would you do?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,075 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who uses hotel safe?

A locked suitcase is useless. Show this video to your friend: www.youtube.com/watch…

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Who uses hotel safe?

how much is it to hire a safe in villmarina culb?

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
172 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who uses hotel safe?

H10 Med Village gives you the safe free of charge!

UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who uses hotel safe?

Quick grab and go safe takes time those who have a safe are much less likely to get robbed as they don't have to go to much trouble. They will get what they want from those who are not willing to pay for a safe h10 hotels safes are included and some other hotels will be the same, however 20 odd euros for Golden Avenida is not overly expensive as it is a essential part of the holiday and like others have said you will not be able to claim. Their are some dodgy hotels i will agree with that because there are places in which it will happen time and time again i tend to avoid those kind of places with those reviews.