We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kids at portaventura theme park

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
138 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
kids at portaventura theme park

Hi my kids are 4 and 15 months and we were thinking of booking the theme park, however we arnt to sure if there is much that goes on for kids of their ages...my partner and i would love it but i doubt it would be much fun going on the rides one at a time whislt the other sits with kids, if you see my point...any advise would be great thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kids at portaventura theme park

Hello, my youngest was 4 the first time we went to Port aventura and there was plenty for her to go on and now that the Sesame street area is open there is even more. There are rides that your little one can go on with one of you and other ones like the tea cups that you can all go on together. There are lots of really good shows and the theming of the park is excellent, its a lovely place to walk around and just hang out. Check out the portaventura site for ride details and height restrictions.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kids at portaventura theme park

There is a lot of walking involved, i would give it a miss and go to the waterpark instead, there is a fantastic kids area there and you could spend the day in the park no problem

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
138 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kids at portaventura theme park

thanks for replys yea we have aquapolis booked, just unsure as i think portaventura would be great...iv 5weeks to decide :)

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kids at portaventura theme park

I would definately say go to Port Aventura. I took my 4 year old last year and he loved it, so much to do and see. The Sesamo Aventura area is great for the kids there is lots of shows and some rides that the kids would get on.

We got the 3 day 2 park ticket so we didnt have to rush round it all in one day and we had a fantastic time and going back again in July.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
138 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kids at portaventura theme park

how long did you go on your holiday for becoz we going for 7 days and have aquapolis then we would like a day in barcelona, along with a couple of days lazin by the pool and if there is enough for kids then go theme park aswell ...and want to fit all in into 7 days

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kids at portaventura theme park

portaventura will be great for the adults but the only problem is the waiting times. You will have to wait a half hour at least for most rides. Not much fun especially when your standing either in a queue on your own or trying to keep 2 kids happy while you wait for your other half to return. There is lots to keep the whole family happy- train rides , boat trips ,sesamo, and all the shows but be prepared for the waiting times and the prices for drink and food.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kids at portaventura theme park

If you are going in 5 weeks time then whilst PA will be busy, it won't be overwhelming. We always go in June.

I think it would be a shame for you to miss going to PA, there's lots to entertain the children, they will love it, and you will too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kids at portaventura theme park

I would wait until they are 120 cms as the majority of the "smaller" rides have this height restriction. We went when our son was 119.5 and luckily with his shoes he was exactly 120 but he was measured constantly. I think I would have been disappointed if he had not been able to go on these rides. It is also quite expensive if your children cannot go on so many of the rides.

I love the theme park and we are going to Hotel Portaventura for the third time in a few weeks so I have nothing against the park just think your children may be a bit young to be honest! x

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
138 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kids at portaventura theme park

i have that feeling myself jenny and dont want to waste money on something that they wont get much fun out of, thanks for comments all very useful. but really dont think i will bother :) im sure there are plenty them to enjoy :)

Billingshurst...
Level Contributor
7 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kids at portaventura theme park

We took our nearly 3 year old last week, she loved it, she wasn't able to go on all the rides, a couple of the height restrictions in Seasmo Aventura were a bit pedantic really but she loved it anyway, she really enjoyed all the live shows.

Not really much for the 15 month old though...except maybe eating an ice cream! But then that's true of a lot of places.

if you can afford it the 3 day (2 day park + 1 day waterpark) pass would be ideal, we couldn't do that as waterpark doesn't open until 26th May so we did the 2 day park deal.

I am not one for fast rides but enjoyed the more tame ones and the shows, they've just opened the new big rollercoaster if you're crazy enough!